iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  2. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Figured they would pull something like this. They basically made a statement to quiet everyone down and then tried to sneakily pull it once they thought people were no longer paying attention.

3. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    That's one reason why I won't be supporting then in the future. I definitely loved TWEWY and now I can't replay it anymore

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    If we get this news out with redditt and other media hopefully we can get it to blow up in their faces.

5. terminalman

terminalman Active Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Whatever fallout this creates can't compare to the blasting they took over FF14. Sad to say, but I doubt this will faze them.

I bet the NA support guy who "erroneously" reported that no patch was being developed was actually telling the truth. He just wasn't supposed to.

More than anything I'd just like an explanation. Why did they lie? And when did they start lying? Did they ever investigate patching the game? Or did they only start looking into it when everyone pitched a fit?

Finally, what do they have to say about the relative ease of the fix? What insurmountable corporate obstacles are keeping them from implementing a fix that the jailbreak community figured out so quickly?

Squeenix is notoriously opaque about such matters, though. I doubt we'll ever get an explanation. I'd say I'll be more wary in the future, but it won't do a bit of good. Just another notch on the jaded bedpost.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My thoughts are going along "SE expects these, and either know what to do, or they'd choose to ignore them."

7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    It may be that the fix the jailbreak method applies, utilises a change to iOS system assets that are not allowed to be changed under apples rules. Hence jailbreak can do it, but maybe a simple programme change at SE's end cannot be done in the same way.
    Just saying. Being open minded sometimes is sometimes a thing.

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The fix just creates symlinks to emulate the new folder structure iOS 8 uses, a developer side fix of this nature is trivial and is absolutely nothing that is disallowed by Apple.

However, I do agree that there is room to be open-minded in that maybe the app needs more than just the directory fix and the cost is something S-E doesn't consider to be worthwhile.

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    That's what I'm thinking. It might *run* with the directory fix, but SE might need to do other things to get the update approved, and they're not interested in sinking that cost for the meager returns it will bring.

10. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    #1310 RoboWarrior, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Since they announce that they would fix it like said above it could be Square saying there will no longer updates not including the upcoming one. Seriously, I was going to buy final fantasy IV but after this probably waiting until it becomes under $4.99, I'm not parting $15 for something that maybe won't be supported. I think the worst part is that there isn't really a device that officially can play this game is square doesn't update it. The iPhone 4 has framerate issues and the 4s can only be restored to iOS 8. At least square should make the game compatible with one device that can play the game without flaw.

11. terminalman

terminalman Active Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Easy fix or not, they're still dishonest:

• If they knew that the fix wasn't feasible prior to the fuss a few weeks ago, then they lied to those who got support emails saying a fix was in the works.

• If they only discovered that the fix wasn't doable (for whatever reason) AFTER the fuss, then they lied about investigating the issue, as they stated in the AppStore.

I have a hard time believing that they've been actively working on the iOS8 compatibility issue since the problem first emerged, but only discovered that it wasn't worth pursuing further in the last week or so. That's just too convenient.

I've no doubt that there's more to it than some simple code tweaks. But I have a hard time being open-minded with such a tight-lipped and disingenuous company.

12. riverstomp

riverstomp Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Update Reviews on Appstore

I will update all my SquareEnix-Reviews on the appstore with a note for potential buyers: Buying that app is very risky; due to proven lack of aftersales support there is a high possiblity that their games will stop working sometimes in the future.
    Also I vote with my wallet and will never buy anything from SquareEnix in the future.

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Is Drakerider still broken too?

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup.

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
  16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Everything SQE touches eventually breaks.

I'm also sure Terra Battle is doing way better than any of SQEs freemium games and it's still fairly new.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bwahahahah!!!

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Great front page article Shaun!

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I hadn't completed it yet :(

20. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Well, this sucks.

After the email I got from SEGA confirming that Jet Set Radio wouldn't be updated for iOS 8, we now have the second game I was looking forward to being fixed also being pulled?

We should be refunded for these purchases.