iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah i just received the EXACT same email from SE.

Curious... Does this mean Chaos Rings titles earn more to warrant further support from the devs, or does it only mean TWEWY's old and maybe some of the people working on it are not with SE anymore or something like that?

2. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Bleh, this is particularly tragic to me because I never completely finished it on iOS... got distracted by other shiny things but bought both the standard and HD versions because I liked the game so much on my DS. Now that I've been hankering to go back and play it, won't run on anything I have :(

On the other hand, I can't technically blame anyone but myself. I bought the HD version in December 2013 and did have several months to complete it on iOS 7, just always thought there would be another time.

Let this be a lesson to you, kids. Don't take iOS compatibility for granted, play those games now while you can :p

3. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #1183 PoloBaquerizoH, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    What the F... So should everyone ask for a refund for this game?
    is a 20dollars steal
    That's the major concern, I wasn't able to finish it also and is not a 2 bucks game

4. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    #1184 PoloBaquerizoH, Feb 1, 2015
    Did anyone check the Important Information added to the game description?
    Is says it will be fix the bug for iOS8 and to be patience, so what to believe? If they would fix this someday or if the answer you guys receive is right that this game will never work on the current iOS8 and should ask for a refund
    What should we believe?

5. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #1185 C.Hannum, Feb 1, 2015
    If you purchased it more than 90 days ago, you are not due a refund, nor should you ask for one. I don't like that I will never finish the game on iOS most likely, but it is nobody's fault but mine.

We are not, nor should we be, guaranteed compatibility past the iOS version we bought the software for in the first place. It's the nature of the platform and we all know (or at least should know) the risks every time we update the core OS.

EDIT: OTOH, we should make a point of giving 1 star reviews to warn off would be buyers since the number of current gen owners who could buy and run this game is quickly approaching zero.

6. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    #1186 PoloBaquerizoH, Feb 1, 2015
    So for everyone is a total steal as everyone thought this game was going to be updated as all SE games. Yes totally one star everywhere And still a complain should also be announce to apple support for this game.
    But my question remains, what to believe? Would this game could be fix soon as the important imformation of the game description Says?

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I understand this, they still have it listed at $18 and it is by all definition, a broken game. Sad, like Chip said, we should do our part to warn others not to buy it. Does anyone know if the iPad version is broken too?

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ughh so the responses were WORSE than my predictions. I thought they'd say some runaround stuff like "we're working on it". But really? No update? Even though the app description says so? I don't want to believe it.

However, it does make sense why it's taking so long to update, as in, they were never planning on updating it. And that just sucks.

It doesn't matter to me if I've "beaten it yet" and can move on to other things. TWEWY is a great game with lots of replayability and bunch of collecting involved. It's one of the most unique RPGs ever made imo. I WANT it on my new devices. So even if I did beat it on my old ipod (I got close but I didn't finish actually waiting for the iphone 6), I still WANT to be able to play it on my new devices. It has nothing to do with playing it once then being done with it. RPGs often time are made so you'll spend long hours with it, and be memorable or fun enough to play again.

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I'll reach out and see if I get a different answer, but for now, we have to assume support is telling it how it is.

10. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    yep - both. Damn shame. My wife went mental the day it came out and bought both copies. That'll learn me. Was really looking forward to going back to this. Should I ask for a refund? I suppose I should in the hope that that makes them update it if enough people ask. I knew I should have kept one of my devices on iOS7.

11. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    Totally broken I own the ipad version of this game

12. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    #1192 PoloBaquerizoH, Feb 1, 2015
    Please Shaun let us know if you get some different answer as the description game keeps the important information that it will be fix, so if it is true iOS8 will never work they should change the important information to " this game doesn't run on iOS8

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I bought iphone and iPad version man this is sad :(

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I guess I better finish Hitman Go before it breaks under iOS 8.2. :rolleyes:

15. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Not only that. In my opinion, a game that doesn't even start on iOS8 shouldn't be allowed to be sold in the AppStore. Especially not for almost 20 bucks.

If there is no plan to fix this broken product, I think it is Apples responsibility to pull it from the store. Just to save future customers from blowing their money on it.

16. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    Complains about this should be done to apple, everyone who owns this game should do it, as seems SE keeps selling this game creating confusion between buyers

17. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Apple doesn't care. Heck, Crimson Gem Saga is still being sold on the App Store and it's been broken since iOS 5. As long as the developer pays their fees and Apple gets their slice, they won't pull anything the developer doesn't ask them to.

18. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Sad, but true. Still, I have wondered why they don't enforce iOS compatibility more explicitly than they do. Seems it could do nothing but help their bottom line with the periodic, "As of this date, you must certify that your apps will run under iOS version X, all apps not certified will be pulled from the app store, only available to previous purchasers."

Such a practice would clean out so much of the flotsam making it hard to find anything in the app store outside of the front pages or websites like TA.

19. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    But maybe apple doesn't care because people don't complain, I dont know, maybee. many game devs could use this as a stealing mechanism, and there is just no control? does really apple just won't care about this? Is easy to see game companies just dead, but companies like SE that have been updating most of their games constantly and sudden they just say we wont update this game sorry if you can't play it," is even worse as many will just buy the game waiting for the final update

20. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    I got the same reply this morning. We must have spammed them, but at least we have our answer.

As an aside, Square just published TWEWY, they didn't develop it. The game itself was developed by Jupiter (h.a.n.d. did the iOS port) and Chaos Rings is developed by Media Vision. Completely different studios.

Simple economics: the cost of keeping it functional is likely higher than the revenue an update would generate. I've done those profit and loss forecasts myself and it sucks. It's also the downside of PCs and smartphones: the operating systems are always evolving and eventually they break stuff.

My guess is that SE wouldn't pay for it, and since h.a.n.d. just did the port, they don't have any rights to the IP to update it themselves.