iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    I don't know whether to get the iPhone version of this or iPad. Any insight?

2. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    1) The game is currently not compatible with ios8 so hold up on that purchase.

2) I own the iPhone version and I was able to install and play that on my iPad by installing it using iFunbox. If I'm not wrong you can't install iPad apps on iPhone.

3. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I want to play this game soooo bad! Ios 8 has been such a butthole. #

4. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Phew looks like I'm not the only one with the initializing issue. Although I'd rather not see it at all.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sadly I decided to delete this game. I've been checking the appstore updates everyday and nothing..

It's just 2.4 GB sitting in my iphone that could be used for something else. I decided to take that space back and replace it with videos I can watch instead of an app that can't be played with an unreliable company supporting them.

If this gets updated, please let me know. Right now, I've lost all hope in SQE. They've been getting worse and worse lately.

6. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I've been checking the appstore for updates too, fortunately I've got space on my phone so I don't mind the game sitting in there.

My wild guess is SE are resizing the stuff for the iPhone 6/6+ like they did for the iPhone 5. That might be why it's taking so long.

7. ImJPaul

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I did the same thing and then added it to my watchlist in the TA app. That way I'll know when it is updated and I save myself 2.4 GB for now. Did the same thing with chaos rings 2.

They just updated chaos rings and omega though so here's hoping the others come quick!

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Good thinking. We think alike. I put them all on app shopper. Pretty much the same thing lol. I do find it hilarious they updated all the games I owned that I've already beaten. Like they're laughing at me secretly as I wait.

9. ImJPaul

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Haha. This. I've beaten 1 and omega. Got about 75% done with 2 and then just never beat it and the world ends with you was always saved for a special occasion. Now is that occasion. Come on square!

10. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    The thing is if you delete the game you lose your save. Really wish there's some way of backing up saves on iOS. I'd even settle for a content manager for Apple devices.

11. tomusaq

tomusaq New Member

Jun 13, 2014
  12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Copy the save files with a file manager and then you can delete your game. Works with 95% of my games (not including online only games - those generally are stored online).

13. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Can i install the SD version on an iPad?

14. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Yeah, I think any iPhone app can be installed on an iPad, generally. Have to choose the "iPhone Only" option on the App Store to make iPhone-only stuff show up, though.

I wish Square would just make their old stuff universal. Really annoying.

15. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    No, the iPhone only app will not show up as an option for iPad to play in 2X mode. I have an iPad and I tried.

16. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    You can install the iPhone version of TWEWY on iPads using iFunbox. I did that on iOS7.

So far I'm unable to install it on iOS8 on my iPad, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that TWEWY isn't iOS8 compatible yet.

17. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Any news on an update for iOS8 compatibility? Really happy they updated Chaos Rings, but really want to get back into this.

18. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Really looking forward to be buying this. A shame that it doesn't run on the current iOS, as most people probably have updated by now. They sure take their time with the update :)

19. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    It would be great everyone start writing Enix to please update this game, too long has passed...

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah i've given up on this game. It WAS my favorite iOS port RPG ever (they even gave it wide screen support etc). But SQE seriously has been really bad especially as a mobile company lately. They don't comment on releases / rarely reply. No updates on their fb or anything (unless a game has just released).

I waited so long for the CR updates and glad I finally got them. This game seems to be forgotten even though it's a bigger game. Plus no comments on CR3. I guess lucky for DQ fans they keep releasing those but otherwise they've been really bad with their other franchises on mobile especially Final Fantasy.