iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #1041 Brrobotix, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    I think you might be selling yourself short. I just checked, the person on the leaderboards in the 57th position has around 4000. You should be up in the 30s.

I just finished getting the full darklit planet pin set. Just curious, how did you beat noise 96 on ultimate? I used the infinite juggle with black Uranus, but I was wondering if there's a better way.

Yeah just to echo everyone here, this game is amazing. I've been playing it on and off since I got it like a year or so ago. I forget. But it's a great game, one of the few that are built from the ground up for a touch screen. Don't pass it up.

2. Atangerine

Atangerine Active Member

Sep 13, 2012
    MI
    #1042 Atangerine, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    There's not necessarily a better way, but Noise #96 (Don't want to say the name because of spoilers) was actually pretty easy to beat for me, even if I had terrible stats. The only pins you should need are two #188 pins (Lightning Rooks - you can use two in the same deck) and a healing pin (the rest are up to you). You should wear all your best threads, and ALWAYS have Joshua as your partner. Focus on CCs and building your sync rate up until you get a level 3 fusion. Repeat until the noise is erased (be patient; if the Leo gets too close too you, dodge and wait for a better opportunity).

I dunno, it still says I'm #57. I'm #3 on the weekly boards though (for Gamecenter). Hit me up with a FR, or something and we can Mingle (I still need to master some pins - been holding it off for a long time lol).

3. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    so im reading that the ds version is much better, this true?

4. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I sent you a request. Your GC ID is the same as your username, right?

I have a few lightning rooks, they're the most powerful standalone pins in the game it seems. I'm making a pegaso deck, so far I have two of those, pegaso resonance, and an Excalibur. Not sure what else to add, but I'll figure it out later. I'm working through the game again from the beginning to complete the secret reports, so I've just been playing around with stuff. I'm looking into making a crazy juggle deck with ice risers and Vulcan uppercuts.

But anyway, why Joshua? He seems to be the least consistent character in the game to use, with a gesture that's only shared by gravemarker and is kinda hard to work in with other gestures (compared to, say, shikis taps). With beat, you don't really need to do much after you summon him, as long as you attack the same enemy you'll get cc hits. Plus he makes a great combo with flame blast.

5. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I haven't played the other version, but there are a lot of key differences. I'd say the biggest one is probably the fact that in the DS version you actually control your partner, on a separate screen, whereas in the iOS version everything happens on one screen, but your partner now acts as a pin. The light puck combo system from the original is gone, replaced with a cross combo system. And psychs activated by blowing into the mic are now activated by shaking the ios device (annoys the hell out of me). There are a few tweaks to balancing here and there, and the iOS version is supposed to look prettier, and have a few exclusive songs, but that's really all the big differences.

As for which is better, if you have a DS I'd probably just get it for that. The iOS one is still very deep and fun, but I doubt it can do better than what the DS can, seeing as it was made for DS originally anyway.

6. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Nope.

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World

I've not played the iPhone version but certainly the iPad version is better just being on a lager screen.
    I really enjoyed the ds version a few years back and I'm loving playing it again now, I can't say what differences there are other than not having to control both people at once as I'm only upto day 7 on the solo mix but if you haven't played either version then its worth picking up on any platform as its one of my all time favourite RPGs.
    I wouldn't say either version was massively better than the other.

8. Atangerine

Atangerine Active Member

Sep 13, 2012
    MI
    Yes, it is the same username.

Simply put, Joshua is the best partner in the game, followed by Beat, and then Shiki. His beams are the strongest attacks in the game, and his fusion attack is way more powerful than the other two,

To put it in perspective, Shiki's level 3 fusion has a 20 efficiency factor, Beat has 30, and Joshua's is 99.99 (or so it says on the wiki, but it definately is MUCH higher than the other two).

His gesture isn't hard at all - if you're using the right pins and threads. You should always focus on cross combos, like I said before. This is made a lot easier if you have Loose CC's III (I believe they are the red shoes in Shibu).

9. Atangerine

Atangerine Active Member

Sep 13, 2012
    MI
    It depends on which combat system you prefer. Other than that, it's the same game (if you want a list of differences, look it up).

10. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    @atangerine well it looks like we might not be able to mingle. I have the iPad version, and you have the iPhone version. Oh well...

Also, do you know the effects of the attack and defense stickers for the partners?

11. Atangerine

Atangerine Active Member

Sep 13, 2012
    MI
    Yeah, I realized, which sucks. :(

Well, it obviously increases the attack and defense of that partner. I don't know the specifics.

12. Galenmereth

Galenmereth Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm really disappointed by how unreliable the reviews by TA seem to be. This scores a perfect 5 stars? I bought it believing the controls work fine, as the reviews state; they don't. On a 4S, at least, the gameplay is reduced to a mess of misinterpreted slides, flicks, holds and touches; the game really doesn't play well on a touchscreen.

Maybe I'm just not used to iOS gaming enough; is awful controls really this acceptable? Perhaps on an iPad things work better; on my iPhone I'd score this at 2 stars: Wonderful concept, terrible implementation.

And yes, I've played it for a few hours on DS (borrowed it way back); the game was a cluster#### at times with a skinny stylus tapping in front of the action; with fingers in the way it isn't enough to just reduce the action to one screen...

After the extremely disappointing port of FF Tactics: WotL on iOS, it seems I can't trust these reviews anymore; these games are not worth the asking price, even on sale. They're poorly executed and the gameplay suffers. That should be emphasized and pointed out, not brushed under the carpet and ignored as if it's acceptable.

13. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    How to mingle wirelessly using internet?

14. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    @Galenmerth it works fine for me. Sorry you feel that way. To be fair, I'm on an iPad though.

@Chaos not completely sure, but the first step would probably be to friend them on gamecenter

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    iPhone 4S here and I don't have any problems with the controls.

16. Atangerine

Atangerine Active Member

Sep 13, 2012
    MI
    Yeah, you're probably just complete shit with the controls. Or somethings wrong with your iPhone. Or your pins are in the wrong order/you don't know the controls.

17. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    hahaha easy there atangerine. Though it is likely that he's hasn't gotten the hang of it yet. It's not the easiest game to control out there.

My advice, is to adjust the ordering of your pins. If the gestures are similar or the same, the one in leftmost spot will have priority and activate first, so order them accordingly. If you do want to have multiple pins with the same gesture, try using sub slots. In the pin selection screen, after selecting your pins you can tap on them to toggle "sub". What this means is when you enter a battle, a sub button will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen, holding this button will allow you to use, and only use, pins that you have "subbed" in the selection screen.

Good luck. Hope you can learn the controls, because once you get into it this game is awesome!

18. Atangerine

Atangerine Active Member

Sep 13, 2012
    MI
    How far are you in the game Galenmereth?

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmmm... I don't know about this. My controls were fine but it took me a few hours to get used to how to use pins and move my character at the same time. And it is STILL my favorite game on the iPod.

AND I also thought FFT was a great port. I think most people on the forums would agree that one works well. I even think it's the definitive version of the game aside from some of the multiplayer/special missions being out. Good controls, best graphics, and generally no bugs at all.

20. Galenmereth

Galenmereth Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    The problem is that you can get used to mostly any control scheme, even if it's a bad one. This game was designed for stylus play, and not enough work has been put into this touch version. I'm sure the premise is good enough for most to work around that, but I still think we should call it out for its shortcomings: Like with FFT:WotL, Square Enix just hasn't done a very good job at all.

The fact that people accept it and pay them for it means they'll continue to drop half-assed products on us for premium pricetags. And I think that's wrong. And the quality of their stuff on iOS would be unacceptable on consoles, like the original DS where this game was originally released.