iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    That's enough my iPhone can't handle all of that :( ended up removing nova 3, KOF 2012 got both of them 2 days ago and deleted them with several other games now to make space for this game :(

2. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    What is the song in the front page trailer? I am really liking that song and can't wait to try the game, based on what you all are saying...

3. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Can someone fill me in on this game
    I'm not familiar with it
    I'm in the too pricey uncertain camp!
    The video is interesting.....but right now my device is maxed out and needs some attention:)

4. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Its a modern day RPG, with some extremely cool elements. The story in particular is stellar and the combat (when the game was on the DS at least) was extremely deep and fun. Basically it is many peoples favourite DS game of all time. Check out the reviews on IGN/Gamespot/Gametrailers

5. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    The song is called calling by Leah one of the soundtracks in the game but thats the remix version though

6. Ajstadel

Ajstadel Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    The song is a remix of many songs in the game actually, the first part is Calling with Twister lyrics, I'm not exactly sure what the second part is

7. The new Solo Remix soundtrack will be released in October iirc.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sounds like a remix, but im sure i hear "Calling" performed by Leah, written by Takeharu Ishimoto.

9. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
  10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    While im downloading im actually playing the TWEWY soundtrack here. :D

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

12. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    RPG for the Nintendo DS with a modern-day setting loosely based on the trendy Shibuya district in Tokyo. Hero wakes up having lost his memory with a strange countdown embedded in his hand. He finds out he's been roped into a mysterious game where he and a partner have to wander round Tokyo solving the riddles set by the people in charge before the timer runs out, else they die. But there are other people the bosses have sent out to stop the players making it to the end, strange monsters on the streets, and the main character's memories start slowly coming back (as they usually do with Square Enix games :p ).

It had a whole lot of very clever, quite innovative gameplay systems, from the way you had to control two screens at once - the hero was on the touchscreen, his partner was on the top - to the way you could change the difficulty around any time you liked, to the way you got experience and levelled not just yourself but your gear up. There was a whole Pokemon-style subgame in there to do with collecting the weapons you used, you could wear what was "popular" in any part of the city to get extra bonuses (and I think manipulate what was popular?), there were tons of different outfits to collect, it used the DS WiFi to unlock extra features... some of this iOS devices can do straight up, obviously, but they've changed the game to make up for the things they can't handle (an iPhone doesn't have two screens, for one thing!).

13. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    I can't believe the amount of dislikes on the launch trailer so much hate :(

14. MARl0

MARl0 Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Agreed. So many iOS haters out there. :(

15. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I am excited for this release, but I'm one of the people that have to ask: anyone try iPod Touch 4th Gen compatibility? Thanks.

16. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    The more a game has a cult following, the more those fans just expect the developers to magically throw a sequel out without even testing the water. I don't think TWEWY flopped but I'm pretty sure it wasn't hugely successful either - I have no problem with Squenix seeing how a port sells before developing a proper sequel (particularly since I have no plans to buy another dedicated handheld any time soon!) but lots of people just like to think that oh, the big bad publishers have it in for them personally. :rolleyes:

EDIT: And yes, the hate for mobile gaming platforms is definitely a contributing factor (ololololo go bak 2 angry birds m i rite etc., etc.).

17. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    #77 ikemike, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    Well this sucks. This month I told myself not to spend more than a few dollars on the app store.

Otherwise, I'm curious; how are the controls on iPhone? Precision control was never really important to TWEWY, but I'd still love to know.

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, it's not on either soundtrack that's been released... can't wait to snag the new one! =oD

19. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    LoL the ratings have been disabled for the video :D

20. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]