iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Dat 2.3 gb...
    Lots of HD art and uncompressed soundtrack. It's worth it though, because the songs in the game are awesome, and now uncompressed.

I'm already clearing some space.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

The TWEWY Community asks for a Sequel/Prequel and instead they are getting like a dozen of Spin-Offs Announcement for Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts Games instead.

It`s not like Square Enix couldn`t just say - We are working on it instead.

3. Gabriel.Voyager

Gabriel.Voyager Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Turin - Italy
    Oh...
    Ok, bye Galaxy of fire 2 HD... and other... many other, but for TWEWY is not a sacrifice, and gof2 have iCloud savegame :)

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Interesting how they "broke up" the top screen controls into I'm guessing mini games during battle? And I wonder how they're going to handle the pins that level up by wirelessly connecting to your friends copy of TWEWY...

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HD Gameplay Trailer following soon

6. Ajstadel

Ajstadel Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Aww snap

7. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    weird... how would the whole dual screen dual input (stylus + dpad) transfer over to ipad?

I mean.. they trying something for this, but it seems nothing like the ds version.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I remember me and my best friend making some fun builds, and we both laffed when i came up with "The Banshee" build. All pins are everything that requires the use of the microphone. You just keep screaming and Neku dishes out damage. Blowing into the mic works, but where's the fun in that? :D

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's not the same. On the iOS, Neku and his partner will be in the same screen.

10. chickdigger802

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Yeah, and partners just seem to be a pin or something now. It looks extremely different.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing yet.

11. It's not so much the game itself but the way SE hyped up the game by putting up a teaser site for a week. Everyone expected a sequel, but we got this port instead. Honestly, TWEWY Solo Remix probably would have been seen as great news if SE hadn't put up that site.

12. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    On an iPad with multitouch you could easily implement the original system, but what they've done now is fine too. The hectic chaos of dual screen action was definitely a huge draw, but I loved all the other parts of it just as much or more. I'm absolutely over the moon at this port :D

13. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    If partner is simply a badge, that would be a bad thing.

Not deal breaker though.

14. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    True 2.3gb after installation seems too big unless you're downloading the game and installing it from your device you see when you download an app directly from the app store on your device you're downloading the compressed file then it's decompressed on your device so you'll need a lot of space to download and install this happened to me with nova 3 had about 3 GB empty space when I tried to download it from the app store it tells me that I don't have enough space that's because I need 1.5gb for the compressed file to download and another 1.7gb to install so I ended up installing it from iTunes

15. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    Damn O_O

16. chickdigger802

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    lol i sketched this up a day ago or so when the hype was hot

[​IMG]

it would technically work... but probably not the most elegant solution.

17. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Ditto. I wasn't specifically asking for this, but never mind Final Fantasy, hidden in all the bizarre Squenix spinoffs and side projects are some of the best titles in their catalogue (Vagrant Story, TWEWY, Blood of Bahamut...). I'll take everything I can get - if an iTouch won't run it that's one more reason for me to go for an iPhone 5.

18. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Have this on the nds. Don't quite get it then...maybe a retry is in order. Then I can decide if this is worth it...

19. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Any chance Kingdom Hearts gets ported to iOS? I would instantly drop $20 for that :D

This seems interesting but I have it on DS so kinda on the fence

Waiting for the vid Sanuku as always :)

20. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    I squeezed 4gb free space on my iPhone deleted several games after copying the save files on my PC so I wont lose my progress