The world ends with you (By Square Enix)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    #21 shero89, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    I'm really curious guys the game was designed to be used on the DS dual screen even the DS lite dual screen combined will measure 3.8 inches bigger than the iPhone screen but then again the original DS screen is smaller than the DS lite.

2. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    This is my favorite game, period, and I'm glad that it will be exposed to a wider audience, but I'm really worried that the port will lose a lot of the magic of the combat system. For those unfamiliar, you control two characters simultaneously. One using (precision-based) swipe and tap gestures on the bottom screen with the stylus, and one on the top screen using the D-pad to guard, dodge, and chain attack combos. It's incredibly frenetic, and very challenging at high difficulty settings. I worry that they'll forgo the top screen combat altogether, setting it to automatic mode (which was an option in the original if you didn't care at all about destroying the gameplay experience).

Long story short, this is my favorite game, and if people take a poor impression of it based on a shoddy port job I will be incredibly upset.

3. Well said. TWEWY is also my favorite handheld game, and you explained every concern I have about this port. I hope SE has a solid plan in mind to keep the fidelity of the original gameplay.

Also, a TWEWY translator tweeted that there may be more to the upcoming reveal than just this port and the soundtrack. I'm keeping my hopes up for a real sequel.

4. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    To be honest I'd rather have a sequel than a port

5. TheSporkWithin

Jan 16, 2010
    I sincerely doubt that you hold a minority opinion in that.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Perhaps I was too old for this game, but it was actually that incredibly frenetic combat system that killed it for me -- I simply gave up on it after a few hours. Which is too bad, since I liked everything else about the game. In fact, TWEWY's combat system is my perfect example to make a distinction between complexity for the sake of novelty and actual depth.

I would be very happy if SE simplified the combat for the iOS port -- for one, it would allow me to finish the game. TWEWY was always more of critical darling than a big hit (especially compared to other DS games), so I wouldn't be surprised if there are many other people who would appreciate a version that didn't require you to pat your head and rub your belly at the same time ;).

7. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
  8. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    $18 0 o, so $18 for The world ends with you + $30 for FF dimensions that's nearly $50 for two ios games I don't know what to say except I either get those two or borderlands 2 next month

9. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    available now!!

10. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    Which store ?

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
  12. TheSporkWithin

Jan 16, 2010
    Official launch date is the 27th, so it'll be rolling out around the world today. This should be closed.