Universal The Witness (By Thekla)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Without giving much away : When you fully complete an area you will see a beam of light that goes from that location to somewhere further away through the sky.

Once you get a certain amount of these beams, something happens.

Just made that as spoiler free as possible

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Some of the puzzles that don't appear to do anything are simply tutorials to gently ease you into the various puzzle mechanics. There are a few of them near the starting area, for example
    the row of 9 blue puzzle panels.
    You will find these throughout the game around areas where new mechanics are introduced. If the puzzles don't do anything, don't worry about it. Just learn from them and move on.

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Cheers for the replies, I'm interested enough to carry on - I love the environment which goes a long way to holding my interest. I'll just have a wander and see what happens!

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #144 ROGER-NL, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Nevermind-back to the fun games.

5. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    A new update hit today. Thankfully, this is supposed to fix the crashing problem some of us have experienced. After losing much of my progress I waited for this patch and will now backtrack for the lost puzzles. Ugh.
    But I'm happy to be able to play again, and just hope there are no more crashes. I don't think I could handle it again. Too much brain power.

Now if they would only kill off the insane, battery-sucking bug that brings an iPad Pro to its knees.

I do love this game.

6. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Finally bought this. Really liking it but a mvement stick option instead of tap to move would make it a lot more enjoyable.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Curious...the update notes from ages ago confirmed the issue was fixed, and so do comments in this forum...BUT...why am I still experiencing The Witness launching the game at max brightness EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. on iPhone SE iOS 11.0.3 with the latest Witness update (Oct. 14)? It is driving me INSANE.

8. kowalos

kowalos Member

Oct 16, 2014
    On iPad Pro iOS 10.3 it was bringing brightness to 50% and when you reduced it in cc it was going back to that value anyway. Now after patch it still starts with 50% but you can change it to any comfortable setting and it stays like that. I know it's a bit annoying but better to have this fix than being pushed to play in sunglasses ;).

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just completed the game.
    I was literally blown away....this journey will resonate with me for long.
    It was crazy hard (probably the hardest game I played...Myst was a tutorial in comparison or I’m just too old now...played Myst back in the days) but absolutely worth it.

Tech wise, on iPhone X, it’s simply unbelivable.

10. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Congrats Pitta, the game was to hard for me but it was fun as long as it lasted.

11. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I can admit that this is one of the best iOS games I have ever played. It was my GOTY for last year.

I have solved around 510 puzzles but the challenge is way too tough, it is extremely unforgiving. The ending was interesting but I was expecting something more spectacular.

Regards to those complaints, this is in my top 5 iOS games for the past decade. I wish there were a dozen more games like it.

12. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    #152 deresi, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    I have a question. Anyone who get motion sickness in The Witness? Is it improved? If there is no dizziness, I'd like to challenge it. And can I run it on well the iPhone Plus, not on the iPad?

13. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    #153 deresi, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    I have a further question. Is there a function to solve the puzzles again that I've already solved?

I want to motivate my friend to solve the puzzles I solved.:p

Then I'll be able to enjoy the game more.

Forgive my ignorance.;)

14. laz

laz Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Omg, this game is on another level. It's pure logic, starting from extreme simplicity to mind-boggling complexity. I was utterly entranced by it, the satisfaction you feel when solving puzzles is nearly unmatched. Although I will say some of that might not translate to mobile very well, perspective is a huge part of this game & I can see it being very easy to miss things on a small screen & or not be able to easily orient yourself with the mobile controls.

15. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    You mean it's not suitable for mobile devices?:confused:

16. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Ag3ntP3ndergast Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Question

How bad are the controls on this game? Thanks in advance for any input. :)

17. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Is it possible to delete specific savegames?