iPad The Witcher Adventure Game (by CD Projekt Red)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I'd say it was worth the price before the sale even. It's not the best game in the world or anything. I don't play it all that much but it is fun to fire up once in a while when I'm in the mood.

It's very polished and has nice mix of mechanics and some fairly deep planning you need to make to do well (to optimise everything outside of the luck factor).

Main issue for me is that it can drag on a bit so that's why I don't play regularly. You can choose a short game but even that can drag. If you get bad luck you can just go around in circles but I guess at a higher level of play that's what you need to overcome.

I prefer the limited turns in Waterdeep (you know you can fit a game into a session) but it's a different thing all together and may not have worked for this game even if it was an option.

For the price tho, go for it!

2. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Is the save game update released on iOS? Meaning, can we stop the game at any time and resume it later?

Cheers!

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yes the game properly save now.
    Actually the app is REALLY well done, gorgeous to look at too.

The best part of the game is when you are playing with friends (AI is so and so, pretty easy imho) in a 5 quests game.
    Unfortunately, this take ages and the live multiplayer means I can't play it as much as I want (i.e., at all).
    If only the game had async multiplayer!!!

It's the only fault I can find besides the fact there is very little interaction between the players...I would like more cards that you could use directly damaging or hampering your opponents.
    So far feels like a solo game with a pretty easy AI.

With async and maybe a bit more 'direct hampering' between players, it could be a stellar game imho..feels a bit like a wasted opportunity, especially considering how well done is the app, certainly one of the more sleek I ever saw.

4. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    It's a really nice boardgame!

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Now it's time for a Witcher RPG. Lol

One can only dream...

6. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    I hope for a new update, the last one is from 2014! Are the devs here on board?

7. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    It's even better: a computer game based on a board game based on a computer game based on a book series.

8. Arthurbodhi

Arthurbodhi Active Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    Years since last update, this seems a good board game style rpg. Now that Thrownbraker is out and people could look for more mobile Witcher’s games maybe the dev could update this title for new devices.

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Didn’t even know this game existed. This is under iPhone but seems to be iPad only?

10. Arthurbodhi

Arthurbodhi Active Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    Yep iPad only, also is on Steam and have very good ratings, would be a shame if is abandoned.