1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-way-home-cat-adventure/id1590763682

The Way Home: Pixel Roguelike

Concode Corp.
    Trapped on a strange island, Kevin and Cheese struggle to return home. There are also terrifying monsters and other lost…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Trapped on a strange island, Kevin and Cheese struggle to return home. There are also terrifying monsters and other lost people on the island. Please help the Cheese get home safely! [Roguelike Dungeon Crawler] - Maps are automatically generated by the algorithm. - You can enjoy every battle with a new pattern. - In each battle, the battle proceeds by strategically combining 15 or more different skills. - Defeat the 80 unique monsters with different patterns. [Party Mode] Create a party and explore the dungeon! - You can choose from 21 different characters. - Each character can use different skills. - A party consists of 4 characters who will fight together. - You can use different combinations of characters to play through the dungeons. [Resource collection and construction] - You can construct buildings with resources collected from dungeons and islands. - Make various buildings to make it easier to escape. [There is an ending!] - Meet NPCs and follow the story as you explore 4 islands. - Will Kevin and Cheese eventually escape the island at the end of the story? - The warm sensibility of pixel art and light and shadow are waiting for you here! ----- Contact: [email protected], +827045198629
    Information
    Seller:Concode Corp.
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Dec 03, 2021
    Updated:Feb 23, 2024
    Version:2.5.8
    Size:276.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I wasn’t expecting much but this seems really cool. I only played it on my 15 minute break but what I played was really good.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This is a totally cute and addictive little game. I got so absorbed into it - another one of those hard to put down games. You slowly get more into it and want to keep going.

decript and Anotherkellydown like this.
  4. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    #4 Stronsay, Dec 22, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2021
    A Roguelike plus building, crafting and a cat. What’s not to like? Just the £8.99 to buy :(

5. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Erm. You can just watch ads to get Deck and watch forced ads every dungeon descending.
    At least I think so. I have translated the game to Russian language and saw that this way of playing was mentioned.

6. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yep. I tested it since, while I have no issue buying games (and have the premium backlog to show for it!), I likewise felt that was a bit steep for this particular sort of quick, casual game.

It's kind of funny how the dev handles it (basically the old guy at the water is the dev). I think you have to approach him multiple times before he offers the ad approach. You have to "watch" (i.e. just have your phone on while you do something else!) a lot of ads before getting enough "leafs" to build the necessary two platform (200 leafs each) bridge to the next island. At one point the old man actually says you've been working hard and just gives to a platform anyway...

It does also show ads when descending to a new level sometimes but far from every time and they are of the 5 second variety.

Overall, incredibly fair approach though I hope that's a model that does work out for him because it's a really well done, fun loot crawler, obviously on the simpler side. I finished it quickly, and hope he adds more content or continues on with other games.