Universal The Walking Dead: Assault (by Skybound LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sotoro, Nov 30, 2012.

1. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, one thing I would like to say is, the balance in this game is darn near perfect. So, I wouldn't change a thing on that front.

The only thing I would like to see added is perhaps some story snippets thrown in to tie the missions together.

2. Dan Boutros

Dan Boutros Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2009
    I will relay your thoughts across to the producers and Gamaggio.

Please spread the word on your opinion of the game. Seems we are having a hard time getting the word out during this time of year.

Who knew!?

BTW, you may gain some joy entering the contest on Kirkman's Twitter. We've only had a dozen or so entries a day so your chances are high, and the goods are signed rare comics and other such. :)

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Big update !

New character - Michonne.

Controls seem better, double tap for team move and hold for single player move.

More improvements listed. Sounds good

No episode 2 yet though but hopefully soon

4. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Yeah, just completed chapter 9 on hard, and lots of little tweaks I noticed. I also got some kind of code at the end of the chapter. Not sure what it's for, but definitely look forward to using Michonne. Her passive ability should come in handy.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Update out sounds real nice

6. Dan Boutros

Apr 29, 2009
    It is! And make sure you keep that code tucked away somewhere and DO NOT share it. ;-)

Make sure you guys check @robertkirkman to see the day's competition for those who currently own the game.

7. ChrisJT

ChrisJT Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    after this update theres a beat normal mode achievement and even tho i have beaten it i dont have the achievement...help?!

8. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #168 september, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    I'm going to hate that, I tend to use quick individual movements more than group movement - hopefully control change is optional?

9. outphase

outphase Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I think it's an option toggle.

10. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    the update description says you can find this new settings in the options menu so it should be optional

11. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Good news, thanks

12. Dan Boutros

Apr 29, 2009
  13. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012

Also happened to me beat normal and hard wont unlock for me and have beat every level on both difficulties and in turn brutal has not unlocked for me yet :(

The problem I had last update was the 1500 walkers which unlocked fine and the 5000 walkers unlocked fine

It's just the 3 difficulty levels unlocks that are not working for me :(

14. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, unfortunately, it seems the update doesn't recognize your progress. I finished all of the chapters in Hard mode (having already completed Easy and Normal), and it never unlocked the next difficulty and I still have three achievements now still to unlock, each for completing the Episode in each of the upper difficulty settings. That sucks. :(

Still lovin' the game, though. But it is gonna bug the s*** out of me that I don't have those achievements. Ah well...

15. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Same here GeekyDad :) going to bug the hell out of me as well I HATE seeing stuff not unlocked :(

16. Dan Boutros

Apr 29, 2009
    Thanks for the data.

Sorry to hear about the problems. We didn't catch those in test but we'll do our best to get a fix out ASAP.

We already have a 1.1.1 in the wings waiting to go. Hopefully the fix issues are related.

App Store is shut to developers until the 28th, as of the 21st, so it may take a short while to get to you.

17. DaftDiego

DaftDiego Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Also, it seems like the app is crashing constantly on the iPod 4 unfortunately.

I love the game. At first, it played flawlessly, then it started crashing after completing missions, and now I'm stuck in the intro screen, music playing in the background, but it doesn't accept my input! :(

Please update for iPod 4 :(

18. ChrisJT

Dec 2, 2012
    hey I beat it on Hard Mode too but it keeps saying i only beat Normal, which means Brutal mode is locked for me still and i dont have the hard acheivement ... am i going to have to beat hard mode AGAIN or will this update recognize that i beat it already, give me the acheivement, and give me brutal mode?

19. ChrisJT

Dec 2, 2012
    so right now i only have the hard and brutal acheivements left (beat hard but it's not giving me the acheivement) and the warehouse bonus objective acheivement...anybody havs tips for the last one? i read through this whole thread tried what ppl have said, but no luck :( (can u get the acheivement if u do it on easy btw?)

20. Skybound LLC Guy

Skybound LLC Guy New Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Hi guys! I'm taking over for Dan now to field all your questions. He's been a big help to us, so thanks again dude.

RE: Achievement bugs :
    We are aware and preparing them into a fix. The guys at Gamaggio are on holiday, having worked their butts off for the last X months on this, so please don't expect the fix until the New Year.

That said, please post any and all issues you have here as the Gamaggio guys do read this and even if they're too busy to do so, we'll be passing the data on.

Meanwhile, today is the LAST day of the Apocalypse promo (since we'll apparently all be dead by the end of the day), so please take the time to check out Kirkman's twitter feed and take a shot at THE FINAL AWESOME PRIZE, likely to be better or along the same lines as this one...

https://twitter.com/RobertKirkman/status/281852037203898369