Universal The Walking Dead: Assault (by Skybound LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sotoro, Nov 30, 2012.

1. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Exactly my point, gameplay IS repetitive. Why do we need to kill all walkers anyway? :mad:

Deleting this off my iPad to make way for Minigore Zombies.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Over arcing mission objective is simplistic, way you go about it and the secondary objectives are less straight forward.

I would love to see them mix it up with goal orientated levels, which judging by the content they have would be easily achievable. But I think if you're finding it boring now you probably won't get into it regardless and are probably not using much thought for team builds.

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Yes, I have a thought: play more of it. I'll be honest -- this is one for the fans, and it's main delivery is fan service. But in order to really enjoy the game, you have to focus on the bonus objectives -- that's the only way to nab most of the valuable unlockables. You're missing 3/4 of the game if you're merely "killing all walkers."

4. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    This game is awesome!!! But I'm horrible at it. I'm stuck in the third mission, it says kill all walkers but there are too many. I know it's me because I suck at this game but love the walking dead so I'm gonna just keep at it. Just looking for some tips so I can enjoy the rest of the game.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ha ha yeah same here. I think i'm going to have to rely on tactics much more, gunshots seem to bring more and more walkers at once so i may try again, kill them with hand weapons instead.

Thought i was doing well but there were soooo many. People who have completed this early level (ahem), any tips ?

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Move slower throughout the levels... Taking out fewer of the zombies at a time... Then if you're so inclined, go back after you've upgraded a bit and focus more on the secondary objectives.

Sorry I cant really give any more tips... This is what I've been doing, and I've been progressing through the game at a pretty decent rate. Though I should also say that I have no problems playing a level more than once, because I have every intention of going back time and time again to try and better my times once I fully max out my stats... =oP

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks, yeah to be fair the other night i was going guns blazing trying to beat the level quickly, big mistake ! I'll play again later, take it more slower

Do love the game, as someone else pointed out be nice to have different mission types than just kill xxx zombies, eg get some items hidden among the wreckage etc.

But a great game, nice surprise when it turned up the other day

8. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

Take it slow, killing a few at a time. DONT let the Horde meter fill up. Just switch all to melee before it fills up. Or have 2 chars melee and 1 gunner so the meter fills up slowly and still have firepower.

9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    My tip replay early levels and level up damage and bullets and health

10. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    That's what I get for not paying attention. I never noticed a meter. That changes everything. Thank you

11. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yea you get it on mission 3 I believe

12. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I usually only allow one team member at a time to use a gun -- more than that and your noise meter will tend to fill up quickly. Use one to draw walkers near with gunfire, and let the rest take them out with melee attacks. So long as you don't alert herds, you should be able to clear every chapter quite easily, though bonus objectives do get trickier the further along you go.

13. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Worst thing that could have happened. At least it could have been a twin stick shooter, but no... And all this after the Telltale series, stupid and nit worth your money! But it does look really nice in graphical terms.

14. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Well the people who created this customer service sucks....sent an email with two questions which affected the gameplay and days later still not a reply....

15. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Only one challenge left, and it seems impossible -- The Warehouse challenge, rescuing the lady before the timer runs out. Any tips? I've tried every combo of characters I can think of. :confused:

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    A dual stick shooter would have been dull and nothing original. This game is great. Are there any other games you like or have you simply come here to moan non stop about this game?

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    As much as dual stick sounds appealing, Walking Dead is actually less about shooting than it is about stealth and melee. Constantly shooting enemies isn't very Walking Dead-like.

18. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Rick, Shane, Glenn and Andrea......

Go fast and hard, am also assuming your fully upgraded as well?

Just go as fast as you can is my only suggestion....when the noise meter is starting to get to the top quickly switch to Melee and carry on killing then switch back to weapons

Near the last section (least for me it's where the zombies are trying to break through the barriers)

At this bit activate glens shout and have as many as them come down (don't kill any as this will slow down have fast their break through the barrier) instead deal with the few zombies down below while you wait

Once their broke free unleash hell

I had about 20-30 seconds time to spare maybe more I forget :)

19. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Thanks! Will give that a try. And yeah, fully upgraded. Been going through in hard mode in the meantime.

20. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Well he has 2 post so yes, he came here specifically to moan about it :D

The game is fun. The controls need some work but still playable. I'm sure the updates will bring better objectives.