Universal The Walking Dead: Assault (by Skybound LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sotoro, Nov 30, 2012.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    The alternate control method would be good as an option so hopefully they put it in, I tend to split members quite a bit though so would prefer default, but can see the use for it.

2. tetsujin007

tetsujin007 Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Cool, brought!

Really is a great game, love the fact you can rotate and scale the camera angles, really atmospheric too! :D

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Where does it tell you what the bonus objectives are for each chapter?

4. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    When you start the mission in the top left corner

5. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Thanks -- just overlooked it.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is going to be GotW for me.

7. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Easily. Don't think it's GotY material, but the fact that it's based on the main characters, as opposed to Telltale's (still excellent) series, makes it a personal iOS favorite for me. It's a great, albeit simple, WD companion.

And of course, new episode tonight. :D

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I think we have the best of both worlds.

This game relies on action as the telltales was to story and we get both on iOS. I might like this though more cause the characters from the comics are in the game plus the look and feel of the comic. I still say the walking dead(telltale) is GOTY due to its elements.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep I'm loving it. Don't mind if you pay for more IAPs. Think the games great, love the way you can zoom out and spin the world about. Looks great

10. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Didn't expect this to be good. Liking it so far

11. ChrisJT

ChrisJT Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    everything with the walking dead brand turns to gold dont u guys know that ;)

does anybody know when the release dates are for the new episodes?

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Really want to check this out, but gotta figure out what I can delete to get it. May try to rush through something....dammit, why can't more games have iCloud support!?!?

13. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Went through all the posts here, I trust you guys so I'm getting this right away! :D

14. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I finally bit too. Never watched the show nor read the comics..but started reading the comics last night and this afternoon..then bought the game... :p

15. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    +1 on the iCloud support, it should be required

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I cleared space and grabbed this. Awesome game but totally agree with this and others about switching the controls. When you double click for one person they quickly move. Holding down for the group is not only a pain and uncomfortable, but as mentioned, much slower as well. Fix this and it'll play a hell of a lot better IMO. Don't think it's nitpicking. It would just make the action a lot easier and keep the pace frantic.

Other than that, really enjoying this one.

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Boy am I torn about playing this on an iPad or iPod touch. It's more fun on the iPad..but I always take my iPod touch everywhere... :p

18. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    On ipod touch 5 its ####ing perfect. Once they fix group controls it will be beyond perfect. In other news, ipod touch 5 os way better than i thought it would be, and a perfect voip phone even with the slower processor.

19. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Finished episode 1 over the weekend - great but very easy missions could do with larger maps and more variety, but all in all a very good game.

I will be buying the expansion packs when they come out if they offer new gameplay elements.

20. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #100 jeffyg3, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    Awesome game. Though anyone kind of annoyed the level selection doesn't tell you if you finished both sub objectives or not? Or if you unlocked everything per level? Would have been nice so I could know hich levels to replay.

Also on the iPad with the bigger screen, they could have put all characters info on the top so we could know the health/weapons of all the players at once or select what what weapon we want for each character so much easier and smoother.. And keeping your finger to move all gets annoying. Would have been much smoother with one tap to move one character, double tap to move everyone.

Other than those issues, great game and thank god the IAP is really unneeded