Universal The Walking Dead: Assault (by Skybound LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sotoro, Nov 30, 2012.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah it is excellent, there's quite a bit of depth in how you tackle situations and avoid attracting herds as your team fills up too. Runner (Glenn I think) and rifle (Andrea from mem) work well in conjunction for me at the moment, shotgun protecting rifle.

I love the way achievements unlock tangible in world currency and bonuses too.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Reminds me of the Helsing anime.. But yeah, this is going to be cool. Brad Pitt didnt do anything bad to me, so im cool with him too. LOL

3. tetsujin007

tetsujin007 Member

Jul 10, 2012
    How many achievements are there in the game game?

thx!

4. Siddry

Siddry Member

Oct 4, 2012
    57 right now but more to come with the next episodes I guess

5. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Looks like it plays a bit like Extraction. Wonder if it'll play on my old 3GS...

6. 1776-1865_RIP

1776-1865_RIP Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Pretty fun and seems like it will be more replayable than I was expecting. Not willing to support IAP (in consideration of all its BS implementations) though so unless they do separate versions it will be short lived.

7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It's iap for levels that's worth it to me :)

8. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah I don't mind episodic if the episodes are a decent length, I would prefer separate builds but this way takes lesser space I guess. It's really just splitting hairs, there's plenty of game for the price and doesn't feel unreasonable.

People's loss if they don't check it out due to an acronym.

9. ChrisJT

ChrisJT Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    #69 ChrisJT, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    SEMI SPOILER ...
    can somebody please explain how to rescue abigail from the warehouse?
    its my only acheivement i need ... great game btw

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahh so on the fence about this one. I'm really tempted but I still wish there was a lite version to demo the first level myself. To be honest I've never read any of the comics, I'm only watching the series. And my favorite character isn't even in the comics... lol

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    A lite version would be good but if you go through the thread and look for negative gameplay remarks you'll find not many, if any, sans people knee jerking about having to pay for future expansions (most of those from people who don't have the game). I'm not a follower of the comic or the TV series and I'm loving it. Toucharcade app user ratings are so far decent, 4.5 stars after 11 votes fwiw.

It's $2, it's very good, challenging and well thought out.

12. ChrisJT

Dec 2, 2012
    nobody should be questioning this purchase for 2 bucks

13. september

Sep 14, 2012
    You just need to kill the number of walkers before the clock on that challenge runs out I think? Which isn't easy due to noise and attracting herds.

14. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Just got the game, played through 4 chapters. Challenging, great design and artwork. However, I may be nitpicking, but controlling the entire group is an issue. You have to hold the spot you want them to go, but there's like a 2 second lag. I much rather triple tap or hit a "group" button and then tap the destination. I got caught in a herd more than once because of the controls. But like I said, nitpicking probably.

15. ChrisJT

Dec 2, 2012
    its really hard they barely give u any time! any tips?

16. ChrisJT

Dec 2, 2012
    yeah i would prefer it if the double tap was for the group and the hold was for the individual player .. maybe if theres a developer in here they can look into that simple change for next update

17. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Yeah that would work since you rarely take an individual out of the group anyway. Also, this game plays much better (and probably meant for it) on iPad. I have iPhone 5 and iPad and played it on both devices, and iPad is far superior because of all the rotating, pinching, etc. I can't imagine playing this on iPhone 4 at all.

18. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Any hints on the stage where u need to make the zombies kill the hunters for the bonus? I use the guy to attract zombies and the other lady to hide from zombies, and i can get all the hunters killed. The problem is the undead reamimated hunters are really strong and kill everyone. :(

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    None sorry, I'm still having a hard time with that challenge too. On that loading screen there are some formation types, the last heal one might be the goer with the hand to hand front and the two handguns. Although it's going to depend on their killing speed with the extra survivor, but should keep the noise down at least.

I took this really slowly due to their strength and attracting herds, I used Glenn to bait while leaving the others at the start, then once the hunters were dead I used Andrea to snipe them from a distance which brought them out individually or at least in small groups and pulled her back to the team to finish them off.

20. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    Actually i send an email to the devs asking if they could do some sort of reverse control input where the teo tap is for the group or even just a tap to move the whole group

I think the mist emails sends the better, just use the contact support the description on itunes and there is a link to send the email