Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Worked it out. A delete option appeared after I downloaded episode 3.

2. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    #742 spooky23, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    I'm correct in thinking there's no icloud save on this game? Got it ipad - wanted to install on 5s.

3. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    No,doesn't support ICLOUD,a bad idea,are episodes,a game like this need ICLOUD more than in others games..

4. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Wow no iCloud... All that progression I did could be lost... As I've upgraded to 5s, but the games save is on my iTunes backup. I must wait for them to update to the feature :(

5. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Been holding out for a sale. Hoping one comes out for the holidays and with season 2 coming out. Little late to the Walking Dead scene and was pleasantly surprised by this game (first episode anyway).

6. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I'm still waiting for a sale too. It had one early last year so was hoping for a repeat.

However just wondering would it be better to get this on PC? As it goes on sale all the time. I think I spend more time on the ipad though.

7. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    I bought TWAU Ep 1 at the beginning of the weekend as I was ill and was looking for a storytelling experience. I enjoyed the experience so downloaded TWD since it was free, I had nothing to lose in comparing the two to see which one to play through the entire story first.

Nothing, and I repeat nothing prepared me for the shocks and emotional wrench of TWD - especially Ep 2 and the feeling of dread that permeates the episode until the shocking denouement - and level of emotional involvement with the characters.

I'm halfway through Ep 3 and have just made another profoundly difficult decision that spins one's moral compass around and around.

This isn't a point and click adventure in the vein of Grim Fandango, SoMK or Sam and Max. This is an adult discourse of what it means to be human in a grim struggle for survival. It feels like a fatalistic and unnervingly authentic portrait of human nature in inhuman conditions.

Damn my original decision to purchase a 16gig iPad 2! Damn TellTale for not including iCloud save.

8. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Looks like this game and season 2 were both removed from the app store.. wonder why?

9. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Game is updated and back in the store.

10. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #750 Son of Anarchy, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    ...but it doesn't seem updateable at this point in time. Keep getting an error msg saying the game can't be found on the server.

11. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    Mine seems to be ok, touch wood.

12. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    You're not alone. :/

13. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    Same. Won't let me update to the version now on the store. Errors out without fail. Tried hitting Retry maybe 15 times, it's just not working.

14. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Any guys/gals having trouble updating, here's what you need to do -

Hopefully you have a backup on your PC, put whatever version of TWD you have on your iDevice, then update it over wifi directly from there. That's the only way I've managed to get it solved. Odd.

15. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Ok guys I never really played Telltale games but after playing both The Wolf Among Us and Tge tales from borderland I'm really into them.
    So what kind of game is the walking dead? I never played it not watched the season so I don't know anything about it?

16. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    In my opinion it's the best telltale game
    The choice you have to make....

17. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Agreed... this is a game that you'll lay in bed at night wondering what's going to happen next, wondering if you should have chose differently, hoping your favourite characters are going to be ok. And when it's all over, the game will stay with you for a very long, long time. I envy anyone who's about to play it for the first time. A masterpiece.