Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Uhh... there is no 400 days DLC in the game? Just downloaded it and there are only episodes 2-5 in the shop... as well as the "full pack". Did the devs even check their update?

2. Bantocks

Bantocks Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2013
    I can't download the 400 days Dlc either.

It's available on my iPad but not iPhone.

3. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    This "game" is absolutely amazing. Though to be honest it's more of a story book than a game, as there's hardly anything to do except a few critical decisions to make here and there, sort of like a "choose your own adventure" type of thing but with no "oops you chose choice A back on page 234 so now you die". The narrative is simple everyday speech, but I am completely immersed into each person's character, especially the main guy and the little girl.
    It's a bit expensive for a storybook, at $19.99, but it's hard to resist not getting it for those who played chapter 1 already.

4. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    SPOILERS COMING UP BELOW.....

Is there any way to stop Carly from being killed??

5. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Very Disappointed

"Selling a season 2 trailer for 5 bucks? I feel ripped off"

what I mean is the 400 days not even short, but also there is no puzzle and almost none game play at all, why don't they just chop it into 5 trailers and let us watch it in youtube? ask us to pay for watching it!? WTF

don't buy it, it is a trailer, just watch others upload video should be good...

6. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    A bit harsh considering there was definitely gameplay, and it gave you big choices of which characters will be with you in season 2, without playing this, how would it decide who goes to season 2 with you?

7. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #727 ImLegend, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    so what you mean if ppl do not buy 400 days, they CAN'T play season 2?!

that's completely awesome! then don't play it, but I don't believe it.

8. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    The first game let you skip episodes if you're so inclined, and if you do so the game decides the choices you could have made in the missed episodes (not sure if it's randomised or most popular choices they assign to you). I assume that if you don't play this it will just give you a random bunch.

9. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    #729 AlexsIpad, Jul 22, 2013
    No but playing season 2 with the characters you have taken with you will be so much more immersive and personalised than just having a random load of characters the game decides.

Telltale have confirmed that clementine will feature in season 2

10. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    that's another thing I wanna complain, a cloud support to store my saved game/progress and most important my decisions!!!

I already played the full game series 2 freaking times, and delete the game while ago! Now because I want to play 400 days, but I DO NOT want to play the whole things again, so I let the system generate random result for me before I play 400 days.... that's really bad start, I'm off the hook at the beginning. So you're asking me to keep the game for another year before season 2? it is insane.

11. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Relax and enjoy the story of season 2. The choices you make arent a big deal and dont REALLY affect anything. Selecting random events is fine, the same things happen to everyone. Ur story is not special.

12. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #732 ImLegend, Jul 22, 2013
    Sorry, I'm a little bit emotional... that's how the conversation start (see below quotes), and the conclusion is whatever decision you made is not important! so why bother to pay for watching 400 days trailer then.

1. this is my original complain
    2. this is other players' reply

13. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    He actually got a point. This is Taletale's fault for not including ICloud support. Oh well....

14. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Yea it is kinda like a 5 part trailer of sorts. It's def just a little lead in. I was a bit Dissapointed there wasn't more gameplay, but the narrative and story is so good I can forgive it. I would've loved more season 1 interaction tho. Like weave the 5 characters into the original story somehow, wouldn't have been hard to do and I even thought they did at a few parts and had to remember. but then I realized it was just missed opportunities.

15. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    #735 Cadenza, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    I was extremely disappointed in 400 days as well. You could finish the entire "episode", if it can even be called that, in like half an hour to an hour. The Vince segment was especially disappointing. His ENTIRE story, which is the shortest, takes place on a bus, that's it, no other movement whatsoever. All of the other stories are similar, with pretty much just 1 screen change. None of the stories have a conclusion at all, and leave you wondering what happened to them. The epilogue at the end is just to show you the characters you chose to bring along during the 5 segments.
    400 Days is completely pointless to play. The stories are extremely shallow and short, nowhere near as moving/deep as the 5 episodes. It reveals as much as a trailer of a movie. In fact it revealed so little that I had to use the walking dead wiki to find out what the heck happened in the stories. You're better off just watching it on Youtube because you get to make perhaps 1 important decision per episode, all of the other "decisions" just determine what a character would say next, has no impact whatsoever. Since it comes with the $19.99 pack though, I guess the episode could be considered "free". If it's not part of the $19.99 pack and you had to buy it individually, no effing way. I'm not paying $5 to watch a frigging teaser trailer for season 2.
    Episodes 1-5 I would give at least 9.5/10, as it's probably my favourite game app on my iPhone at the moment. 400 days? At most 5/10, for keeping the same high quality voice acting, but completely pointless plot.

16. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    But I don't think 400 days was intended to be a masterpiece, it was just a quick, basic episode to link the two seasons

17. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    And introduce you to all the characters. Besides, if you played it once, quit bitching and go play it again. There are different ways it can play out.

18. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Sorry if this was discussed already but once upon a time you could get episodes 2-5 bundled for $14.99 but now all I see are indivual prices for 2-5 at $4.99 a piece and the 400 Days for $4.99 and just the one bundle of 2-5 + 400 Days for $20. I only want 2-5 is this still an option?

19. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    So apparently the first episode of season 2 will be released on consoles and PC this month, but iOS might not be released instantly

20. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    I've just finished part 2 from season 1. Enjoying this game immensely and just about to download part 3. I would like to make some space on my iPhone storage. Is there any way to delete episode 2?