The Truth as I see the Market

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Krehol Games, Nov 11, 2010.

1. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

your post refers to what exactly? you wanna see my cats? we have 2.. both very cute.

2. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

#22 Syndicated Puzzles, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    Your game is a rip off!

" your game is a rip off "

I hate when I see people using the word ripoff and they dont know what it means. People can have similar games and say oh he copied off of doodle jump . So if someone makes a similar game , it means they ripped it off. No it means they have new ideas to make a game better. Use common sense please when talking.

Wait a minute here. Be very careful describing this free for all of using other peoples ideas. Ideas are usually associated with hard work and headaches. For you to trumpet to the world that it is OK to steal other peoples IP and not be classified as a "rip off artist" is very dangerous to say the least. It is actually very insulting to the person who has created a new concept. Adding some fluff to an existing idea definitely doesn't justify this behaviour. So yes people are rip off artists and should be pointed out as such. The originators of good ideas deserve the praise not the scum that piggy back off of others.

So Yes "Use common sense please when talking" I develop new concepts and games all the time and I make it a point to find new game concepts to sell. That is how I make my living.

I have had people copy my published product and turn around and call themselves the inventor! Believe me it doesn't feel that great.

Not a very smart comment on your part.

3. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

you sure you posted in the right thread?

your post sounds like it would fit alot better in here

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=72638

this thread is about funny cat pictures.

4. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

Ok I dont think you understood what is being point out here so I will make it clearer . I made a game caled Momo alienstarcatcher , which I thought up myself with no other game like it that I played. Iam sure there has been a similar game , but I never played it.

5. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    In case anybody is wondering, there are no funny cat pictures in the above video of a hit game called momo the alienstarcatcher. I know. I checked.