Universal The Trail - A Frontier Journey (By Kongregate)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Markstar

Markstar Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Yes I did and the pack is worth it... but.if the game crashes like it has for me and lots of others you lose your progress and your iap.

2. spacechef

spacechef New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Who's this game for is what should be asked. What are you looking for in a game?
    Are you looking for a casual experience with a slow progression? Perhaps this is for you. Decent graphics, nice artwork, cartoony humor? Give it a shot. This game is fun. If you're looking for a different experience, than move on down the trail. :)~

3. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    You can earn gold, but it's a useless pittance. I was one of the top 3 warehouse contributors in my town. I logged in a moment ago and all of my donations netted me over 1000 cash and 5 gold. Just 5. It would take focused devotion to warehouse fills and many, many days to earn enough. All at the expense of actually playing the map normally and enjoying the game.

I prefer actually buying a game rather than this nonsense. I thought crafting would eventually put me on the same level playing field. But I hate grinding, and now you're telling me it wouldn't help anyway. Another "disappointed & deleted" experience. Sigh...

4. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Could you PLEASE explain how to buy a house? I reached the first town and all houses where sold out, how do I reach a town with free land to buy??

5. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    very cool game! The one we've been waiting for. Curious to check its engagement and retention statistics! Lots of questions already from the TA community members on how to do this or that. A good sign!

Regret it doesn't support iPhone 4S :(

6. ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti New Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Hey there, i registered my self on this Forum only because THIS Game WITH the same Question.

I am trying to play with my Friends (They all have Iphone 6 or Iphone 6S), but i cant find my Friends.

I start the game, my Friends say on Skype where they are, we stay all at the same Campfire, we see all the same PLAYERS but we dont see EACH OTHER... ???

Example: I say to my Friends: "Lets meet in the first "Island" with the First Campfire Spot. There's a guy with the name "Lukas", and a Girl with the name "Lisa", do you see them ?"

My Friend Thomas says: "Yeah i see them, but i dont see you sitting there ? how about leaving the Campfire at the same time and walking like 30-40 Steps and stop to see if we see us then ?"

I say then: "Yeah lets try"....

We try, but we dont see each other. Its like: The Game KNOWS we are Friends and the game dont wants that we "Trade" Stuffs or help each other...

I have no matter about Mobiles / Iphones. So: I have 0 Friends in Game Center and i have my Friends Phone Numbers not saved on my Contact Lists on my Phone, so how the game wants know that we are Friends ? because my Friends dont see ME, and i dont see them, and they dont see the others of my Friends too like me... but we all see the Same Players that walking trough the Way... ????

It would be really nice if someone helps me.

PS. I installed on my Moms Iphone 6S Plus the game too, and walked there where i am with MY Phone. I see on both Mobiles the same Players, but i dont see my self on my Moms Phone, and i dont see my mom on MY Phone. Like i sayd, it seems the game "pops-out" People from SPECIFIC People because it knows/Thinks that they are Friends... ?
    Maybe because we all are from the same Country ?

7. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Or maybe the "players" we see in game, are AI controlled and not real players, so that's why everyone can see these "players", but not real players.
    I've been told the players we see in game, are real time, but it don't seem it, going from what you said :(

8. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    #68 Gluskap, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Thank you for the answers. I'm gonna hold on for now until a patch comes out or announcement about what are they gonna do with this game state. You know Peter and stuff. All you guys said + framerate is all over the place. (iPad Air 2)

BTW looks like you missed my comment. There is no real time playing.

9. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    #69 ludka33, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Just lost ALL progress. Shame, too. I was really enjoying this as a casual time passer. I'll give it a week for a patch, then I'm deleting.

Edit: Tried contacting the dev to report the problem directly. They require you click the game you're emailing about from a drop down menu before you can send the email. The Trail is not listed on this menu, so I am unable to report the bug.

Rather irritating.

10. ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti New Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Now where you say that, i noticed that i see even if i Teleport my self to another Campfire, the same Players / BOTS.

So, is it CONFIRMED that this Players we see, are bots ? i mean: are ALL of them Bots ? has this game NO MULTIPLAYER ???

11. Thomasjnj

Thomasjnj Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Package

I bought it. The hat and pants I got in it have lasted a long time.

12. Thomasjnj

Thomasjnj Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Thank you!

13. Thomasjnj

Thomasjnj Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Mail

Is there a point to reading and writing the letters?

14. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    It does have multiplayer, I dont think all youbsee are bots. But maybe the first fee camps do have bots, and maybe if you go offline or in certain tiles, bots appear. But many times the behaviour of the people males me thibk they are indeed people and not bots.

15. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Yes it is a point. Atmosphere! Letters are so wel written I actually would love to send money to my family...

16. ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti New Member

Nov 7, 2016
    THANKS! i was close to deinstall the game.

Well, i still dont reached the CITY. So that shows that i am still in one of the FIRST Islands (We can see it as Tutorial Island/s until we reach the city).

I started the game, and turned off my Wi-Fi and i was still IN THE GAME with the BOTS! and they still wrote stuffs like "Hey, Thanks, I like you etc." and i dont got disconnected.

Maybe because i am in one of the First Islands. I will run now to the City.

17. nini

nini Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    I wanted to like this game but it's relentlessly grindy and requires more time than I can put into it just to get to Eden Falls.

18. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Fun but... my game save was delete

I really like this game, animation is great and fun. Music is nice too and it makes me to relax... but my game save was delete when I got home and it starts from beginning again.. also i read many people have same problem. Maybe I have to wait for update? Or is there workaround? I want to continue playing the game also buy travellers pack but i read other people still lost game save.

19. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    What do you mean got home?

20. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Agreed, they really do streamline the games early focus. And bonus? The favors that the package came with, use them on permanent shirt and boots that randomly appear in the reststop vendors :)