Universal The Trail - A Frontier Journey (By Kongregate)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    You rebooted the game mid-stage, so it sent you back to the start of last stage (campsite) reached.
    Isn't that how most stage based games work?

2. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I think you have to craft new clothing, and replace the old ones. Unless there is an actual way to repair your current worn items?

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Here's my initial reaction, after playing just the first 4 objectives.

- Chilled out atmosphere
    - Pleasing graphics, music & sound effects.
    - Controls are fine.
    - No IAP or adverts so far
    - Clear instructions / objectives
    - Early feeling of progression
    - Interested to see what lies ahead on this journey.
    - Memorable.
    - Daughter wants to play it too.
    - Free

I'm curious how I'll feel after a few more objectives.

4. Did you miss the part about it being bugged to the point that you can't continue? And it sounds like plenty of others are having the same problem.

That and people's entire saves getting wiped...I think I'll pass.

5. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Fair enough. If it crashes for me, I'll stop playing it, but prepared to risk it for now.

6. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    There is adverts in the form of a billboard person, that you click on to get extra item.
    Also there is IAP for items/clothing.. the guy in hot air balloon

7. Zasur1399

Zasur1399 New Member

Nov 6, 2016
    I'm in the same boat! seems like it would be great if I could make a simple bandana.

8. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    You never mentioned the part about it being bugged to the point that you can't continue. Others may have, but you did not.

9. gothmog

gothmog Member

Feb 21, 2014
    anyone having an iphone 5c ? the store says that this game isnot compatible with my iphone when i want to dl it ...

10. I said the swiping up on the raccoon wasn't working and that's why I rebooted. I didn't reboot the game for fun. I had no choice.

11. AoiEsq

AoiEsq New Member

Nov 6, 2016
    #51 AoiEsq, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    The crafting system could be explained a bit better, but basically, you need to grab three scraps of fur at some point in your journey (they're pretty abundant), then while at a campsite, open the crafting tab, drag the scraps from your bag to the places on the 3x3 mat as shown, pull the lever, and presto (er, jackpot?): new hat, which you can then equip in the clothing menu. Which will become "old hat" very quickly.

I mean that literally. Because hats disintegrate after a mile of walking in this universe...

Anyway, been having fun with this so far, and I'm only halfway to the town.

12. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Terrible boring gameplay. Swipe at things, sell those things, swipe at more things, all while the girl from Viva Piñata explains the most basic things for an hour. Come on, Molyneux; you can do better than this.

13. AoiEsq

AoiEsq New Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Totally understand why many (maybe most) see it that way. Then again, there seems to be a huge market for simple clickers, and after trying Dragonvale World for a while, it strikes me as far less interactive as something like The Trail (yet is still very popular).

The only mobile games I've played with any consistency these past couple years are Clash Royale and Hearthstone (though Sky Force Reloaded now has its hooks into me), so I appreciate something a bit more passive for a while. Plus, new mechanics seem to be opening up periodically, so I'll give this one a while longer.

14. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Those three games have been my most played the past couple years myself, such great games. So Because of that I would like to hear your impressions on the Trial if you don't mind. I've had no luck finding a new game that I love for a while now :(

Anyone have any suggestions or is this game worth giving a shot?

15. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    It is worth downloading and trying yourself! Why dont you?

I am not sure how long I will be interested, but for a few hours its definitely a nice idea and gameplay is fine

Cheers!

16. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Is it ever possible to craft unbreakable items, or is such gear only available as IAP? Every item I craft increases its level, but I haven't got any sort of "perfect" point. Really hoping they didn't make unbreakable stuff pay-only.

17. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    So anypne knows how to buy a plot of land? Te first town is full and I dunno if there will be more towns going forward...

18. Thomasjnj

Thomasjnj Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Glitchy

It's glitchy when I go to watch the adverts. Game boots me and I lose the earned gift for watching the ad.
    Also it's says I need to eat but I don't know how. Food in backpack but can't figure it out.

19. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    You press the food for a sec (for example an apple) and an info icon and an icon to eat it will appear. Just click the icon with the fork and knife

20. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Unless there is a way to earn some gold, I'm afraid you can't and as you said even we can craft better items it's still kinda annoying.

Asking this again. Is anyone who bought $8 pack happy? What do you think about the offer?