Universal The Trace: Murder Mystery Game (by Relentless Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    How many level does the game have?

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Amen to that! This game's a blast, I'm enjoying every single minute of it. Very well done!

3. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Hmm... Perhaps I spoke out of turn. I thought I did read a complaint about the price. Maybe the commenter deleted their post. Or maybe my knee jerk reaction happened so fast that I ended up with my foot I my mouth.

4. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Finally got round to trying this last night, which was a huge mistake - two hours later, I'm absolutely hooked and definitely not sleeping!

Amazing game, very high quality and pretty smart too. I love how little direction there is, The Room comparison is perfect as you're left to puzzle things out on your own and feel like a genius when you manage it. One of my best purchases this year, especially on iOS. Thank you for the impressions guys, can't imagine missing out on this gem!

5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #25 ColeDaddy, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    This is definitely my GOTW. Great production values, captivating storyline and rich and entertaining gameplay.

BTW, I'm stuck in the second case. I have 22 of the 24 clues. I have no idea where to find them. Also, I can't solve how the victim got into the house and how the dog was killed. If someone could PM me of enable the spoiler tags in a forum post, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: just finished the game! Absolutely a great find!

6. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Great game but spoiled by how buggy it is....a number of times the game hasn't generated evidence (which it should when you click on certain items) which breaks the game

7. tvl257

tvl257 Member

Mar 1, 2014
    I'm stuck at the first level cause i can't figure out what to do next, fixed the fuse box and all that but still can't open the vault and the locket. is there a hint somewhere giving you the password for those?

8. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    With the safe vault, you don't need to know the code, just start giving it a go. I think having the sound on helps too but I can't quite recall. I figured I'd need to know a code before trying as well, I'm used to videogame logic!

As for the locker, that's the one thing I'm missing on that case. I haven't played since my first go on it though so it's more a case of not having got round to it than being stuck but I'm sure other guys could help out :)

9. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Just move the camera to the sidewall of the locker. There is the code.

10. I have a complete step-by-step walkthrough for all three chapters if you get stuck. :)
    http://www.appunwrapper.com/2015/03/25/the-trace-walkthrough-guide/

11. Bigperm9

Bigperm9 Active Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I can't seem to play this game. Every time I open it and Game Center signs in it freezes then crashes. Anyone else having this issue? I just bought it today and I'm on the latest OS for the 6+.

12. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Them right

13. JollyPostman

JollyPostman Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Awesome game. If you like murder mystery games, you'll probably like Contradiction by Tim Follin too!

14. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  15. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Finally played the first chapter of this last night so I can contribute something to this thread other than unfocused grumpiness.

I've been waiting to play it with my wife. We've previously enjoyed playing Murder Files (also from this dev) and The Room together. This doesn't disappoint.

It's not particularly difficult and the puzzles aren't anything you've not seem before in a point and click game, but it's very well put together. The environments are detailed and good-looking, although some textures disappoint up close. The real meat of the game is finding and combining clues to make deductions though, and this works excellently.

The story is set up well and I'm looking forward to playing the next chapter.

16. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    If the crime solving parts of L.A. Noire were more like this, it would have been a much more satisfying game.

17. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I have seen a few reviews on my country's AppStore complaining that the game is far too short and that it can be completed in an hour. Is that true?

18. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    [​IMG]

[thread=243623][​IMG][/thread] [thread=258085][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257837][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257883][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257978][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=257992][​IMG] [/thread][thread=257977][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257933][​IMG][/thread]

The Trace: Murder Mystery Game

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

26th March 2015

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own games!!

19. I completed it in an hour for my video walkthrough -- after playing it already several times and therefore knowing exactly what to do. So it's an hour if you cut out all the searching for clues. So anyone who complains about it being an hour either got help or is a genius. There's a lot of stuff to look through. Until you know what has a clue and what doesn't, you're going to spend some time just messing around trying to find clues.

Any casual puzzle game without skill-based puzzles can be completed pretty quickly once you know all the answers. I don't think people are being fair to this game by saying it's only an hour long.

20. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks for that. Downloading now :)