iPhone The Tower (by OPeNBooK)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. kimdoocheol

kimdoocheol Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Does this work with itelepad2pod?

2. abigail4

abigail4 New Member

Jun 23, 2011
  3. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Had this in my appshopper wishlist for years hoping for a discount. Just got a notification that it's got an update after so long. It's in Japanese but I think it's just iOS8 compatibility?

Might have have to pick this up as I loved Sim Tower. Is this version relatively bug free?

4. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I remember this game from the PowerPC days of Mac gaming. Even at $8 I would pick it up in an instant if it were in English. Can't help you with the bug report. Sure wish at least the App description was in English so we could see what the update accomplished.

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #65 ojtitus, May 25, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
    The game is in English, I have owned the game for years but it hasn't worked with the newer iOS 7 or 8. I kind of expected it to disappear from the AppStore soon, as the game just would crash constantly. I will fire it up and report back if it's been fixed properly because I seem to remember there were issues besides the crashes but I can't remember what they are off hand.

6. jace88

jace88 New Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I just downloaded The Tower on iPad last night. I confirm it's compatible with iOS 8 and it's in English (admittedly some of the English could've been quality controlled better - e.g. it kept asking me to click on the EDIT button in the top-right when really they meant top-left). Interface is surprisingly useable on the iPad.

One thing to note is that this is more of a port of SimTower (The Tower) and NOT Yoot Tower (i.e. The Tower II). There have been some tweaks to what was in the original Windows SimTower game such as the way you build security centres/housekeeping/etc and I swear the lift controls are a bit more complex here than I remember, but fundamentally it's the same game.

Definitely worth the A$10.

7. ezelkow1

ezelkow1 New Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Its finally on sale, lordy magordy. In all 6 years its been on the app store it has never had a sale. Definitely time to buy now, in english and half off

8. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Lol. I've been waiting 6 years to get this. Never got round to it but the sale has given me the go ahead.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk