The Touch Shock?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by shubhangam, Feb 14, 2009.

1. shubhangam

shubhangam Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Hi

I own an iPod Touch 1g 8gb, bought around june 08

The problem is that when connected to my pc via the USB cable, touching the case gives an electric shock sometimes if any part of my body is in touch with the ground.

Is this normal, if not do you think the problem lies with my iPod or my PC?

This is irritating <_< I am scared that I may drop and crack my screen sometime lol...

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    That's definitely not normal. I'd recommend getting a new USB cable for your Touch. The connection might be faulty. If that doesn't work, send your iPod to Apple. I really doubt it's the computer, unless it's happend with something else?

3. shubhangam

shubhangam Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Nope, never happened with anything else before.

The touch sometimes seems 'buzzy' ? I can't explain it very well.. It feels wierd to touch (when connected to PC), and sometimes it just goes ahead and gives me a shock, some times its totally normal..

I guess I'll call up Apple Support in the morning :| (12:45am here)

4. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Are you sure you don't just have static electricity built up from walking on carpet or something and your iPod just triggers the spark

5. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

It's more than likely your PC. If it's not properly grounded then you could be getting a small current going between ground (you holding your iPod) and your PC.

Try connecting the iPod to another PC.

6. shubhangam

shubhangam Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Nope, it wasnt static electricity for sure.

I touched it after couple mins (during the same connection) and it had shocked me again :|