The TOFTT Team

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by QuickWit, Jan 18, 2009.

1. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    After the fun that came down with the app Rate My Kiss, I thought that we should follow in Dorfdad's bagged footsteps and take one for the team. This would involve picking up a team that none of us really wants, but we're so intrigued by it that we have to know how it plays (Tapping the Dead might have been a qualifier for me).

I would like to see who would step up and be a member of the TOFTT (Take One For The Team) Team... And, yes, I realize that technically that would mean that the word "team" is used back to back. But that adds to the strangeness of the the group.

So if you're interested you can sign up and agree to at some point TOFTT on a game if there is enough demand from the team. These should be for games that are in the lower price range so that nobody feels like they're obligated to shell out a bunch of money on a crappy app just to TOFTT.

The person would then make sure that a full review of the game is put out for the rest of us to see. Where possible a video would be made, but it'll be hard to follow in the wake of the Masked Kisser. Then we would try to go through the whole TOFTT Team before someone has to endure the ordeal a second time.

So who will stand up and TOFTT? I put my hat in the ring and stand ready to do my part for the good of all TouchArcade.

TOFTT'ers Unite!

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Lounge. But yeah, I join.

3. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I dont get what ur tryin to say here. Do u wnat us to like buy and review stupid apps and call ourselves a toftt member? Someone explain this

4. KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Developer/Student
    inside my iTouch
    yea sure, i guess ill join the TOFTT Team, give me an app to review (as long as it doesn't involve getting intimate with my itouch).

5. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    #5 tunawrap, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
    Rate My Kiss 2: French Edition

6. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    I'll take part in this. I frequently buy worthless apps even when I know they are worthless. I have no problem blowing a buck or two for the betterment of others.

7. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

#7 schplurg, Jan 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  8. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Ill do it. Rate my kiss was a kick a$$ thread!

9. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I'd take one for the team.

10. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I'll TOFTT too

How do we know when it's our turn?

11. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    I add myself to the TOFTT team, except I draw the line at "Rate My Kiss: Castro Edition"!

12. firstprime

firstprime Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    president of awesome town!
    wexford, ireland
    as i said in the rate my kiss thread, ill take as many as the team wants.
    as long as i have some money on my account.

let the TOFTTing begin!!!!!
    please nobody ask for any apps from the b**tard who made iScarlet and
    all those crapps.

this is gonna be fun!!!

:D

13. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    i think i'd be up for it

14. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Well you already know I'm up for it.. Except don't count me in for any bearded editions...

In fact I think I might do one of these stupid videos a week!

15. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Check out my sig

16. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    might want to remove that PROUD part!!!

:)

17. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Never!!!

18. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Okay... it sounds like we have some TOFTT'ers out there. Now we just have to see how to make it work. I'm thinking that it can happen just like the "Rate My Kiss" thread that started the whole thing.

Once a game comes out that is in the category of "No way do I think I really want this, but, man, I'm really curious about what it's like" a thread will start and ask for TOFTT's help. A member can then step up in the thread and call the game. They'll do the review and give everyone the rundown, saving the rest o us, but also helping our curiosity.

Keep in mind, you don't have to do this... it's purely a volunteer type of thing. If you want to be a TOFTT'er just watch for the threads and see when the call come out. If you feel it's a mission for you just let everyone on the thread know that you're TOFTT'ing the game and they'll know to expect a review from you. If it's not one for you, just wait until another one comes along.

And just to let Dorfdad know... after the review I got the game and my wife and I had a great laugh rating the kisses... but went for our own rating system later. That was all due to the TOFTT. I never would have gotten the game (not that I'll play it a lot) without the rave first member of TOFTT!

19. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    If it wasn't $5, I would volunteer to try INKoming!

20. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Sure. If it only involves reviewing apps. I mean, I've been bored, as I've had no direct requests, and no reason to review common apps. I'll TOFTT. If it only involves reviewing apps.