Universal The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse (by Devolver)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Nice control, beautiful aesthetics....but it aint fun at all

2. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Bad controls? Bad game loop? Why? I haven’t played it but was thinking about picking it up.

3. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    On sale for $1. I always wanted this but never picked it up. Just grabbed it. Even after reading through some of this thread and the review I’m still really looking forward to giving it a try.

4. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    #64 elcrazy, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    Yikes after only 5-10 mins of gameplay I can already tell what an awesome game this could have been (and may be if I use a controller..). It’s beautiful to look at. Love those cartoon graphics. Looks like it’s going to have some good humor and story. Looks like it could be awesome. But wow was the review right. I figured by now maybe an update had happened even. Or that they wouldn’t be that bad. But the joystick is weird. Feels unresponsive and slow. Something about the movement feels so off. I’m not sure what it is. Like instead of a joystick they just have a flat area you circle your thumb around on. It sounds good. But just doesn’t work. I’m still going to play. I’m sure I’ll get used to it. Or I will crack out my controller again (but for me I just never loved controllers on iPhone). Anyways I’m gonna fire it up some more. Hopefully I get used to it.

Update: Well it is for sure a bit better with controller. But that’s just the movement or direction feeling. But the clunky slow feeling is still there. It’s like where you feel you’re not pushing down hard enough or something lol. Game feels like it’s gonna be a blast though. Hopefully I just get used to the slow sluggish movement of your character. But the action without controller was kind of difficult. With its better. But again sluggish.