Universal The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse (by Devolver)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Could you please tell me if it supports iCloud sync? Thanks..

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    No to cloud support
    Side note, feels like a perfect Zelda homage with a controller i hand :)

3. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Thanks for letting me know. What a shame. I might wait for a sale or an update. Have a terrific day. Again, appreciate it...

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #44 Gwarmaxx, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    i’ve made a first run, but from what i saw it’s not a proper roguelike (thanks God, i’m really tired of them), instead it has a clever system never seen before... in my first run i’ve visited 80/85% of the entire map, checked every dungeon and reached 5th level with my character, then my time was over (yes, the game has day/night cycling, so the days are counted), it was time to fight Mormo, so i went to her castle and i was beaten (guess is really impossible to win in the first run, it’s done on purpose)... after that i’m back to those lands 200 years later with another character (keeping the actual level and weapons), to try again to beat the infamous Mormo, and obviously everything around me now is 200 years older than before and there’s a lot of new stuff, and also the map is not quite the same... what a great idea!

adin and ste86uk like this.
  5. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I guess you're playing in hard mode right? On my first run I've reached the level 7 and beat the shit outta Mormo on regular mode. After that, Serendipity (whale) showed up and asked what items I'd love to keep for the next run (this requires celestial crystals, legendary toys are not included, there are two in each run afaik). I woke up as the next guy after 100 years, I was keeping the stuff, and the entire map changed with the same elements inside (2 toy dungeons, etc).

It's really really really fun, but I've deleted it for now and will come back for the hard mode later. On regular when you die, you woke up at your home like nothing happened (just a minor loss in coins). On hard mode if you die, you die and serendipity shows up immediately with some obnoxious prices, that's where the challenge at imho.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I’m in the Toy Dungeon (2) and there’s a door that won’t open. Have looked for all the usual clues and nothing. Already have the “gold key” but there is no lock on it.

Hit every red/blue switch, made sure anything that could be lit, was.....nothing.

it’s the dungeon that’s located in the Junkyard if that helps at all.

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Here’s a screenshot if that helps....

Attached Files:

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i'm on regular like you, i wrongly wrote 200 years, sorry... all the same has happened to me, except that i couldn't beat Mormo maybe 'cause i'm on level 5 only, i don't know.

bx59 likes this.
  9. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I think it's a trial dungeon, so you need a specific toy to open it's doors. I was stuck in a dungeon similar to this, and had a smaller box which does nothing, similar to yours. After I got the vinyl toy, I went there again and that smaller box turned out to be a record player, the second I throw vinyl to it the doors opened. Later on I've followed the same route, with a golf stick. So you have 2 dungeons which gives you legendary toys in every run, and 2 trial dungeons which unlock by using these toys.

I agree that final fight was a bit frustrating. I had the bowling ball & vinyl as the big guns but I realized that whatever I do, I can't be match for Mormo in terms of raw-power. So I attached a sticker to my sword which adds +5 fire elemental, the rest was dodge-hit-run for 10 mins. :)

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    #50 jpgold, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2019
    It’s definitely a Toy Dungeon as it says I would get a new toy when beating.

11. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    So I don’t wanna unintentionally misguide you further, but I feel like you need to interact with the box in the middle if you haven’t yet. In any dungeon I’ve stuck so far, I always needed to interact with those objects w special toys to make stuff happen. All the maps are random so I can’t say which toy would that be...

MAYBE if you haven’t clear the other toy dungeon, you can’t proceed w this one? I remember something similar on my run as well, I wasn’t able to go through the first dungeon and I’ve searched for the other one, then the story unfold.

12. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    For anyone interested the game supports ps4 controller i do not know for other controllers.

sebgo, Gambler and Son of Anarchy like this.
  13. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Thanks for the info. If it supports the Dualshock, it should support every other (bluetooth/mfi) controller one can connect to iOS as well.

sakara214ever likes this.
  14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Is the Golf Club worth getting?

15. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Very OP.

16. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

#56 mashead2000, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Wish this had icloud support! Just played lots on my iPad and would love to be able to continue on my Phone while on lunch break at work :(
    Sad times

Here’s the first 15 minutes for anyone undecided

17. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    So I’ve just learned that to get to the “real” ending, you need to beat Mormo 5 times. I’ve deleted it after defeating it once, but I’ll be re-installing and pushing for the real ending because this game deserves it imho.

Yet, since the game does not supports cloud save...

18. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    On discount for $1.99 in case anyone’s interested and didn’t grab it the day one.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  19. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I didn’t get it before due to some negative feedback about the controls but some also said they were fine.
    Guess it’s time to stop wondering and give it a go. :D

macplash likes this.
  20. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Well the virtual controls certainly leave much to be desired, at least on the big iPad Pro.
    I find that movement is both sloppy and too sensitive, and the size and position of the buttons are not ideal.
    If the game picks up pace a bit as I go further I can see them being a real problem. Atm they are, at best, manageable.

I tried playing using my gamepad and what a difference! Controls were absolutely perfect.

A shame the dev never felt the need to tweak them, or give us some options.
    While still playable and the game itself is good, it’s just a disappointment the way they are.