Universal The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse (by Devolver)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 22, 2019.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Reviews of the original game were 74 average on Metacritic (PS4 version). Reviews of the Momro’s Curse version on Switch (launched with the expansion) are still 76. Still sounds pretty mediocre?

Weary because it seems like there’s always hype of ports just because they’re now on iOS when they still are very average games.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I really feel like saying ditto. Is that too cheesy?

sakara214ever and metalcasket like this.
  3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Are you asking or making a statement? Because 75/100 is neither mediocre nor average.

metalcasket and ste86uk like this.
  4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Haven’t played much, but enough to know that so far.....seems like a pretty great game.

Tons of quests along with the main, places to explore, different equipment, and the controls are spot on.

Great premium game.

metalcasket and ste86uk like this.
  5. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Could someone please tell me if this game supports iCloud sync? Thanks.
    Mike

6. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Lol no we all know we trust metalcasket so... :)

Ijipop, metalcasket and ste86uk like this.
  7. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Looks amazing and is probably a great game, however I’m struggling with the movement.

Feels clumsy and sluggish. I’ve just shut the game down through frustration at this, but I’ll try again later.

Just me, or do others find this also? It’s not my device; I’m on an 11 pro.

8. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    I’ve witnessed many others comment similarly, which is why I’m hesitant. Does the game support iCloud saves?

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Controls seem fine so far but yeh maybe that movement sensitivity could do with toning down a bit and not have to keep moving my thumb as it slides up the screen slowly.

I was just wondering can you change your appearance during the game? I noticed if you restart your avatar is random with clothes, skin and hair?

10. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Played a bit more.

I’m afraid the movement is just so horrible that I cannot bear to play this absolutely beautiful game any longer.

They’ve crippled a magnificent looking product with terrible controls. I can only imagine they didn’t bother testing this thing properly because this is so fundamental.

Gonna try to get a refund sadly.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Guys, the controls are definitely not due to a lack of testing and are certainly not generally bad. The more you play, the more you realise they're that way (as squarezero and I were saying earlier) to accommodate the combat. Yes, long stretches of moving around can get tedious when you have to lift your finger and readjust every couple of seconds, but when you're fighting, the sensitivity of the controls allow for extremely precise movement and dodging attacks. I mean, we can't be certain, but I would be willing to bet that they're entirely intentional.

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  12. Fishywolf

Fishywolf New Member

Oct 22, 2014
    U.S. Of A
    Controller support??

13. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Y’all are high on drugs, saying these controls are bad is cray cray. Real good death road to Canada feel. Haven’t played much but I dig it. I would still appreciate an on screen joy stick tho....

14. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    then why not switch sensitivity during combat? For me they really feel sluggish and painful to use.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I don’t know, dude — maybe the game is not for you. I’ve spent hours with the game now, and I just don’t find the movement sluggish or awkward. You are not running around the map, but there are plenty of fast travel points, and ultimately the point is exploration and discovery, so the more deliberate pace makes a lot of sense to me.

yankeeblue000 and Ijipop like this.
  16. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #36 Edmilan, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Does this version have multiplayer? I hope it does. Although I’m still picking this up when I get home. It would be great to play this with my kid who has an iPad, ie. Offline multiplayer.

17. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    No it does not have any multiplayer, offline or online.
    I could see this work on an iPad using 2 controllers but that's the only way it could function.

18. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Played a little more than an hour and just wanted to say so far this game is so damn good The controls and visuals are incredible. It’s also starting to get challenging which is has made it much more enjoyable. I’m really impressed being this is a port. The UI feels really intuitive and fun to use. Thay have done a great job with porting this over because it feels really good and natural playing it on my iPhone and IPad. I’m really digging this so far. It’s a Zelda-like that has gotten it right so far I only game on Xbox and iOS so it’s scratching that Zelda itch for me. I can see this becoming my new fav

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i don't have any issues with commands, actually find them pretty good.

beautiful game!

20. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    MFi / XBX / PS4 DualShock controller support anyone?