iPad The Sword Fighting you’ve been waiting for: Dark Blade is Now Available

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mobicle01, Aug 13, 2012.

1. mobicle01

mobicle01 Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Dark Blade Free
    Dark Blade +10,000P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Check out Dark Blade Review Event and don't miss the giveaways!

Features:
    * Dark Blade defines the genre of one-touch duel action gameplay with unique graphics, simplistic game controls, and spectacular combination sword fighting moves that will leave you stunned
    * Choose from more than forty distinctly remarkable sword skills to take down enemy combatants
    * Experience over sixty game missions and discover hidden missions in order to earn special titles
    * Explore Story Mode through forty stages filled with vastly different rules including: Offense, Defense, Record-Breaking, Boss Hunt, Survival and Time Attack
    * Connect with friends and rivals in Duel Mode in order to battle each other, compete for high scores, climb up the rankings and achieve supreme status
    * Equip your character with over eighty different weapons and costumes: Select a weapon among the swords, axes, and spears which contain unique mixtures of block and damage capabilities; Pick from a variety of costumes that empower you as well as provide protective and functional capacities
    * Polish your skills to perfection in Training Mode
    *Finish Story Mode to unlock Random Mode: Access to random stages played by random rules
    * Accept your competitive nature: Whether you’re fighting dark spirits in Story Mode or your rivals in Duel Mode, achieving success remains a constant battle

Device Requirements:
    * iPhone and iPod touch
    * Requires iOS 4.2 or later
    * 10 MB

Dark Blade Free
    Dark Blade +10,000P
    Dark Blade Facebook Fanpage

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    "One-Touch Duel Action..."

What's the directional buttons, and the 2 action buttons doing there? Am I missing something?

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just tried out the free version. Hmmm. 'Could' potentially be okay, games which use the 'stickman' i dont mind but these ones look a bit fuzzy.

I couldnt get off the first screen as there were hordes of people attacking me, got a bit boring after a while and gave up, sorry !

4. mobicle01

mobicle01 Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Sorry for the confusion with our catch phrase. We meant by one-touch duel action that there are many different actions that you can prompt with one same touch, depending on where you and the enemies are standing and what kind of weapons you equipped. Just touching one button can result into many different actions. We believe you will know what we mean once you try Dark Blade, and hope you enjoy playing it:)

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This game makes me want to punch people in the face. In a good way!

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Do you have to purchase the IAP to keep playing this? This is a make or break deal here for me. If I don't need it, I'll pick up this game.

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I have been able to replay levels and get equal amounts of points per replay. You don't get many, but it has ended up being about 100 points for 2 mins on average for the first level replay.

Which means that everything can be purchased by playing the game. I just briefly played while getting ready for work. But initial impressions are that this game rocks.

8. Chris park

Chris park New Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Game Impressions

Control is very easy compared with other action game

9. CarnageGamer

CarnageGamer Active Member

Mar 21, 2012
    The screenshots look very interesting. Since they have a free version might as well give it a whirl

10. mobicle01

mobicle01 Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Wow, this comment means a lot to us. Yeah, that's what we were going for with the controls. Has to be easy with lots of actions:) Glad you noticed!

11. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    So far I haven't needed any IAP although I've only played for 15 minutes so far. I HAVE noticed, as you said, the controls are very fluid and really precise and easy to pull off. I'm gonna spend a lot more time with this as it's pretty fun! Graphics are different, but I tend to go for that sort of thing! Diggin' it right now!!

12. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    So you'll support the developer by picking up a game only if it's free?

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

That is not what was said in the slightest. There are many titles that require iap to play the game. With the way this game was released, and the almost shill like post in this thread I would say raising an eyebrow or asking a question is warranted.

After further playing, I would strongly suggest getting the free version. The 10000 point version has an icon with 10000 points all over it. (Not an issue really) But the free version has a way for you to earn points for free.

Game does get a bit hard after a while. But everything in game can be bought by just grinding.

14. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Game moves way too fast, and I disagree that the controls are precise. Fun but way too hard with touch controls.

15. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Hybrid Mobile Developer
    Atlanta, GA
    Triple Stab?! That's CRAZY!!

16. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Lower the speed.

17. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #17 bigrand1, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    I think that that guy Vestid was actually taking a stab at me, but whatever. You get it, though, and your reply to him was my point, as well as the answer to my question! No need for me to elaborate further here. You nailed it, bud.

18. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Still too much of a masher for my taste.

YMMV.

19. mobicle01

mobicle01 Member

Apr 3, 2012