Universal The Survivor: Rusty Forest (by Evgeniy Ershov)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by UnhappyUnlucky, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Decent gameplay so far, dev describes it on official site as early access. Should you buy a game still in development for 5 or 10 or more dollars? I would say on iOS, probably not. Bu easy choice for me, this is only a dollar. Will the dev continue updates or let this die? Who knows? I'm hoping they'll continue and add updates they say they have planned. Would be cool if they were active on these forums......

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Most of the conpliments (all?) seem to be coning from Juniot or regular members.

Coincidence? Just thought I would provide a heads up.

3. Woodrith

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Haha well I'm not sure if there's a conspiracy or not, but I don't know the dev and I just found this site, due to just getting an Air a month ago (of course my dumb self didn't realize the Air 2 was about come out). I was just providing my 2 cents brother. As I said gameplay is ok, there be bugs in it, and unfortunately you can't enter the buildings. But it's fun to screw around withs, hey I don't care what you do with your dollar at the end of the day.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You can enter some of the buildings. You keep hammering the wood over the door with your weapon and then you can enter to find items

I picked up a hammer. How do I switch to it ?

5. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Fun game overal for the start. The price is low, game runs fluid. Just the world is too small right now but I think this changes soon.

Attached Files:

6. Woodrith

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    #26 Woodrith, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    Haha thanks, I need to think more caveman when it comes to games like this and the wild....

Kraudi2k, agree, this has potential, bigger map would be better, I'm hoping this isn't a quick gimmick by the dev and more of a long term thing instead.

Below sums up the game:

http://www.gamezebo.com/2014/09/24/survivor-rusty-forest-early-access-misleading/

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #27 psj3809, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    Yeah I think this game has lots of potential. Sure we'll see updates a some point

Again the wild looks amazing but this games great as it'll run on my iPhone

For 99p this is well worth it

I would stop with tha paranoia about low post count users. They're not shills (believe me if they were I would delete them) and seem to be people who posted in the wild thread

8. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

If anybody wants the developer to post here you could contact him on facebook. The link is in the Appinfo description. From what I can tell this is an alpha built. Just a baby for now. The developer could use some impressions and some hardcore questions from an audience like me :D

9. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    I think you just need to put it in the quick bar and tap on it.

10. yoshthug

yoshthug Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Chicago
    Played this game for a while now. Not bad. Same complaints as other (bigger map).

11. pllobsession

pllobsession Active Member

Apr 2, 2013
    dude.. it doesnt mean the reviews are fake. this app is a buck, get it while you can. its really fun, tbh i enjoy the game, but kinda buggy atm but it will get better.

12. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people think there is a conspiracy here. This isn't JFK or Area 51. The game is fun. That is why there are high ratings. It's not perfect but it's good enough for an early built that users are giving good rating

13. pllobsession

Apr 2, 2013
    thank you

14. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    If people don't believe the ios ratings they can look at the android ratings. This isn't a brand new game. It had even less than it does now when it was first released.

15. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Because I've seen it time and again? Since 2009?

Not saying this isnt a good game. However I know the who the long term members/indie game lovers are on this forum. I'll wait until one chimes in.

16. pllobsession

Apr 2, 2013
    omg if you dont believe it, search gameplay on youtube ## this was an andriod game before ios you know

17. Monteirri

Monteirri New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I played this on steam it's pretty fun on pc and its online only so you can make clans. Basically the walking dead!

18. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #38 RenTin850, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    Guys guys, this is kinda like minecraft when it first hit the App Store. It wasn't that great it was very limited. The developers just wanted it released so they can give fans a taste for what's to come with future updates. Same goes for this game it seems like. Early access, simple building blocks to add more in future updates. So you can't judge it right away. But if the Dev admits it's in the early stage of development and starts with a decent release that's great and we know that there will be more to it. So you can only trust the developer that he will update the game or you just lucked out and paid 99 cent for this decent little game. That's all there is to it. Here's a list of what's to come from the developers website -
    More buildings
    - More crafting options
    - Expanded AI
    - NPC characters
    - Missions and story points
    - Cooperative mode
    - Drivable vehicles
    - Customizable clothing
    - More animals and plants
    - Weather effects
    - Upgraded graphics and physics engine

19. CartoonDan

CartoonDan Member

Jan 10, 2014
    The biggest question is if they plan on adding iap or if this will be a premium app.

20. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I think I'd feel more comfortable with this thread if someone posted a gameplay video. Two line "this is great" responses in 4 pages of forum posts does seem suspicious.