Universal The Sun: Origin (By Igor Migun)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tenb, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    It's good to see a lot of positive support for this game.

2. JohnSomebody

JohnSomebody Member

Oct 22, 2017
    The problem was that I couldn't talk to the hostages because anytime I went to move it would say I failed the mission, but my brother and I managed to fix it by reloading it and messing around with the save file. Although thanks for replying, it's nice to see an active Dev that I can tell really cares about his game. I hope the game soon gets the recognition it deserves.

3. MikeAK

MikeAK New Member

Oct 24, 2017
    I have always just read on this site and haven’t even bothered to make an account on TA until I read your offer to donate your time to help a fellow game dev. I truly respect that.

***speaking to wavelight on page 2***

I usually spend 20$ weekly on premium games for the past 3 years or so and play less then half (it’s become an addictive obsession to buy games just to support ideas I like or devs that deserve the business) but after seeing what kind of person you are, I just want you know I will gladly add your all your games, current and future, to my library, whether I get to play them or not.

And of course I’ll buy this game as well to support a small dev with great big ambition who clearly enjoys what they do!! Though I feel 2$ is a tad low, I hope you are able to do well with this project and are able to earn some $ to help with future endeavors.

4. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Please make the quests show at your gps and compass, you say they are showing on the compass but you have to come really close to finding your task for it to be shown on the compass.

5. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    #105 stelph, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Yes, personally I much prefer games that have MFI support however when 3D Touch is enabled in this way it makes the touchscreen almost as good (and a solid option when you don’t have the controller to hand) so very much hope it’s implemented

Very happy to have paid for the game, there’s some rough edges and I’m currently getting my ass handed to me constantly but it’s a great concept, it’s a FPS will a strong single player element and as a whole well implemented with excellent support in this thread, well worth the money

As to the translations, I can’t translate from Ukrainian/Russian English but from what I’ve seen so far it would only need someone who’s fluent to go over the script and correct the odd word here and there, I’d be happy to suggest some changes if you have the whole script in a word document/pdf?

6. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Aww nobody replied to my questions. I gather the game doesn't come with mfi support. Hopefully there are plans to make it so. I can't imagine playing an fps with touch controls (but that's just my personal preference).

Hopefully the game is good enough for them to have sold lots of copies, which warrants putting in mfi support.

7. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Its asked a couple of times in the thread earlier on, no mfi controller support currently sadly but the Dev's have said they will look into it -

Agree with you that a FPS touchscreen is quite challenging, have also suggested they add 3D touch support as in other games I have played that have it it makes playing an FPS on a touchscreen hugely more satisfying/easier

8. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    In the near future, we have discussed this option so far. And he is put on the waiting list.

9. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hurry hurry impatient to try haha!

Kidding!

10. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    You can see the quests on the map, in the PDA, also if you have a compass, you can see the markers.

11. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks! Appreciate it. It wasn't that much time for me since I enjoy creative writing. Only took about 20 minutes.

12. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    New in Version 1.03

- Gameplay become easier (we will add levels of difficulty soon);
    - Renamed 'Memory' page in PDA;
    - Fixed issue with crushes while saving and loading for devices (for devices with 1GB of RAM);
    - Fixed crush after changing resolution;
    - Reduced NPC damage;
    - Reduced NPC range of view;
    - Fixed issue with quest "Scout";
    - Save previews temporary disabled;
    - Added skill system ("Skills" button in PDA);
    - Added camera shaking while running and walking;
    - Other changes.

13. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #113 Gambler, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Imo the game has A LOT of potential.

There are a few issues which keep me from fully enjoying it atm though:

1. The walking speed is painfully slow. I don't know if that changes with later armor that doesn't hinder pace as much but on the other hand this happens with the first armor in the game. More heavy armor probably even makes you slower and it's already down to snail right now.

Also: It's pretty annoying that running is so slow and that it always turns itself off automatically as soon as you stop for a millisecond or commit any other action. Also, after it already is so slow (especially compared to your enemies) "running" shouldn't cost that much stamina. Imo the current running speed should be the standard walking speed at least.

2. Radiation, Bleeding etc is much too brutal. Because the character does - as mentioned - move so slowly and the game doesn't really pause when the loot screen/inventory is opened you don't even get a chance to loot radioactive monsters like the ghouls without getting to suffer from radiation poisoning. That's not much fun.

3. But what makes those negative status effects even worse is that the medicine, kits etc don't seem to help a lot: Got hit only once by a dog and once by a Ghoul which led to bleeding and radiation poisoning. Only the third and last Anti Radiation kit healed the radioation. And the bleeding only stopped after I took the second and last Medkit.

This was my first enemy encounter and if hit once one already needs to use half his inventory to prevent a slow death. I also reloaded that scenario quite a few times and every time only the second Medkit (bleeding) or Anti-Radiation Kit (radiation) helped against a single negative status effect. Two times even the second MedKit wasn't enough. Can't believe it is intentional that healing items are so weak.

I'm sure the devs will sort the issues with the game out, considering how active they're here on the forum (plus they say so on the game's starting screen ;) )

As soon as they do I'm looking forward to resuming this game. As I said I think it has a lot of potential and just needs a little bit of tuning to become really enjoyable.

14. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Thank you for your feedback, we will consider how to facilitate your life in the world of The Sun. In the near update. ;)

15. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Stuck on the first mission where you have to kill some ghouls . I kill the ghouls and dogs and Klin still tells me to...kill them. I am searching all over if there’s more and I can’t find any more within the area . If I wonder around more I end up in radiation zone and die.

16. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    You must kill 4 mutants in this mission. Two Gulyas and two dogs. I just checked, everything works fine.

17. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    We just discussed your questions, and that's what we will definitely fix.

1. As for walking speed, this is likely to be increased. About the "running speed" button, we collect statistics.
    2. As for bleeding, this will be reviewed. Radiation will be helped by radiation detectors, which you can find or buy from merchants.
    3.Each medication has a description, you can read it in the inventory. Whatever to waste them in vain. In the game, there are also more than 10 types of medicines that will become available already during the game, and not at the beginning of the game.

18. TDA

TDA Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    I've bought the game, but I haven't had much time to play yet. I'm curious, do items in lockers respawn after a certain amount of time? Do enemies?

19. JohnSomebody

JohnSomebody Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Wow I can't believe the developers already updated the game. It's already starting to feel more stable and fun. The only problem with this update is it won't let me enter the Empty Lands or the Far Frontier. As soon as the loading bar is full when entering one of these areas the game crashes.

20. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Any plans to add mfi controller support?