The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Joltrabbit: Is the Deus Ex series actually $6 over there right now? Here it's only a 50% discount on everything but HR.

2. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I can't believe that so few point and click adventure games have been offered as deals. I was really hoping that Primordia would make it as the Community Choice last time, but nope. C'mon Steam, give some love to the adventure game category!

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    If a game is up for voting it will show up (or has already showed up) as a daily deal or flash sale. Keep an eye out for it.

4. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    You Are right that sale is not on right now. You can still get Deus ex 3 the augmented edition for $4.50

I Edited my original post to correct it

5. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Well, that's too bad. :C Was the whole collection on sale last time?

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Really hoping X-com goes on sale one more time. I know it's been offered at least twice already, but I only started playing it on iPad today and it has gone up from mildly interesting to "want" status.

Apart from that... Only a few games I'm still on the lookout for. Most purchases are done. Yay. ^^

7. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Yay, sounds like there's hope yet for Primordia! It's only been up for community vote, not featured any other way. Fingers crossed!

8. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    #808 Joltrabbit, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    X-Com is $9.99 again!

I can't speak for it but The Binding of Isaac is 1.24 and is said to have a ton of content. It has an art style/creepy vibe I tend to avoid.

Deus Ex did have a 5.99 for all sale, fingers crossed you get another chance Sunday.

Sang Froid (lumberjack vs werewolf game that plays like a story-driven Orcs Must Die) is $5, but after following some YouTube play throughs I can pass.

My real question is do I want RE6 at $20 (all DLC is $5.97 total)? I haven't dive into the series since the demo for RE 5 turned me off.

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    That's one I'm waiting for too! ;)

For Binding of Isaac think Towelfight 2. Having played both at the time, I got the impression that Towelfight was the iOS version of Binding.

RE6, I would say... pass. I think if you didn't like the look of 5, 6 won't change your mind either.

10. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    Any excuse to not buy games does two things: 1. Wait for next years lower prices; 2. Gives my current stack a chance to be played.

Note: some where under this pile... The note I made to remind me of Shadowrun Returns launching July 25

11. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    More calm before the storm on today's sales.

Fable 3 is $5 is about that interests me.

I got CS:GO for $5, Company of Heroes for 2.50 in the last two days.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Magical Drop V!

I didn't realize it had a 4-player mode.

(I've got a Magical Drop III cart in my 6-slot MVS cabinet. ;))

Everyone vote for Retro City Rampage!

PS> Haven't spent a dime of real money yet this sale - it's all been from selling cards! :cool:)

13. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I can only buy Natural Selection 2, Saints Row III or CS:Go..which should I get?

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Saint's Row, I would say.

Something interesting is coming tomorrow on Steam. Normally the deals last for 48 hours, but this time the deals are ending in 24 hours, and the sale doesn't end for another 2 days. Wonder what they'll pull on us.

15. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    #815 Joltrabbit, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    I've been reading 48 hours here; so Monday 1 pm est. ill check again to be sure

If you're just checking the front page it always says the time until the next day.

The individual pages still say 36+ hours To me right now

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Just Cause on Steam (PC) - $0.27

I think this sale only has about 4 hours left but for those of us who also play games on PC... Also, Clive Barker's Jericho (horror first person shooter) is only $1.27 on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6880/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    All week, I've been wishing I could get to a place that sells Steam cards. Gah. Well, I'll get one for next time. :p

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I've got a whole bunch of cards that I'm not sure I want. I've gone through all the badges on offer and there are only about 4 I would want. So much for me getting excited about them. :p

(on a side note, the way you collect cards blows)

19. pdc1

pdc1 Member

Aug 30, 2010
    #819 pdc1, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    Yeah, same here. I assumed you would get a card for every so much time played. The fact you only get 1/2 and that's it for all time really bites. Good luck getting to 5x (without spending a few bucks anyway).

The other problem is most people are looking for the same few games (Borderlands, Skyrim, etc) which also makes it hard to trade when you want the same ones...

I'm also a little leery of adding random people for the purpose of trading a few cards, and my current friend group is very "meh" on the whole topic.

Seems like something is missing to really make this work...

Steam user PDCrash (profile picture is The Shadow)

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    JBRUU on steam if any of you care to add me, just lemme know you're from here. If you want to I'm open to swapping cards.