The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    FTL, tomb raider w/ sp content this morning;

Staring at Deadlight, Fallout 3 + Vegas ultimate editions and portal 1 + 2 for less than $20.

Yes, I never touched the Fallout games and only briefly played portal 1 on 360.

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    That's a definite Hell Yes on Deadlight. Great game.

The Portal games are really, really good too. There's a reason they're very well regarded by just about everyone.

3. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    Dead light is 375 both Portal games in one package is 624. I mean how can you pass on that?!

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    For the record, I would also highly recommend Mark of the Ninja when it eventually shows up on sale as either a daily deal of a flash sale. One of the best stealth games I've ever played and a favorite.

Not really phased by today's offerings so far, waiting for Reus to go 50% off (it will), keeping an eye out on Rogue Legacy to see if it drops any lower, holding out for Dishonored at $17.49 (Aus prices, could be different from US) and yeah.

Apart from Fallout and Portal, are any of the other games must-haves? I've checked them all out, of course, but nothing really stands out.

5. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    I would recommand The Swapper that's featured in the flash sale. 3 hrs and 40 mins to go.

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Already have Torchlight 2!

The Swapper looks a little... meh to me. I've seen gameplay videos and apart from the gorgeous art I don't really see much in it, to be honest.

7. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Unless puzzle platformer is not your thing, The Swapper is definitely a must play game.

8. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    I can't go for Swapper either. I'm just not feeling the vibe on that one.

I already got Markof the Ninja for 3.75 a few weeks back (solid gameplay and style).

Waiting for an all content package deal on max Payne 3, dishonored and Deus ex HR.

9. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    Held off on Trine 2's flash sale - but I did get Mass Effect's bundle for $12. A shame EA doesn't have ME3 there...

10. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    #791 Joltrabbit, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013

Son of a ... Dishonored, Max Payne 3, Castle Crashers all 66-75 % off.

Mirrors edge for 6, KOTOR II for 3.40, bioshock infinite back to 30, Natural Selection 2 6.24.

Next round could see Deus ex for $3!!! But I think I'm losing that round to metro last night or assassins creed 3.

Edit: I think I'm at $135 before this day. It's what I get for purely gaming off iOS, handhelds and mmos the last 8 years.

11. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    That's.. more than my yearly gaming budget. Must be fun. :D

Also, vote for Deus Ex everyone.

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #793 Echoseven, Jul 15, 2013
    Heck yes, what an awesome day.

I'm at ~$50 spent before today's purchases. Going to get Reus (wooooo!), Dishonored and Dust right off the bat, considering others too.

Don't really want to get KOTOR, Bioshock at $40 is a bit pricey, and Max Payne... I don't know. Maybe.

Terraria at that price is really good.

13. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    #794 Joltrabbit, Jul 15, 2013
    It's been more than mine as well. Combination of free time, hitting my limit off "gaming" f2p systems and the steam sale just created a perfect storm.

Bioshock Infinite is 30 unless you are counting DLC

I don't see where KOTOR II uses the first game's save info, so no need to get both (I still have part one on Xbox).

Max Payne 3s extra content seems mp focused and know I have mp 1 + 2 somewhere in my house so I can stick to the 9.99 base game.

Edit: Dishonored's Knife of Dunwall seems the only worthy DLC (trials seems minor and void is mainly a collection of preorder stuff you can live without): sooooo, $13.58 for the game + Knife DLC

14. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    #795 Joltrabbit, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    Holy, The ENTIRE Deus Ex series and DLC is $6!

Note: The Fall costs more than the entire series on PC.

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Picked up Dust as one of the games today, and MAN. Is it GOOD!!

Heard it's made by one guy who did the coding, level design, art, etc... Wow. Just... Wow. He is a legend.

16. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I'm not even a PC gamer but bought Deus Ex and Alan Wake so far. These are great deals and can't pass them up. Any recommendations I don't know many of these games because I'm a nintendo gamer :)

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #798 Echoseven, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    Mark of the Ninja from today's deals - probably best ninja game ever.

Also, a lot of people like Orcs Must Die 2, but I can't recommend it as I'm not one of them.

Edit: Oh, and Dust. How could I forget Dust? It's still available from yesterday, and it is fantastic, one of my new favorite games.

18. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Awesome thanks for the suggestions I will look at them

19. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    #800 Joltrabbit, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    I seem to be out of games I had to have (my wallet can get off life support now), so I've switched to a wish list and wait mode for the final day.

Current sales of note are Season 1 of The walking Dead for $6.24 (note 400 days is still 4.99), Deus Ex is $3 for just HR), Arkham GOTY, Gta 4 etc. Lots of good stuff but things we've already seen.

I can't speak for this game but Fallen enchantress seems to get Good buzz (66 % off)

the next vote is Awesomenauts, Bastion or Strike Suit Zero.