The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    looks great but how did it automatically end up in my library?

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    No idea, same thing happened to me lol.

3. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Did you guys buy the Batman bundle when it went on sale. That's how I own it.

4. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    no, don't own a batman game at all it just popped up in my library

5. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    If you buy the bundle now, you will get the DRM-free versions to play right now. But when and if they get on Steam, they'll send you a code to redeem it on Steam.

7. GetLoadedGo bundle: http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Choose 2 games for $15. The games are Serious Sam 3: BFE Seriously Digital Edition, Red Orchestra 2 GOTY, Deus Ex Human Revolution: Augmented Edition, and Dungeon Siege III + DLC. Pretty amazing deal IMO.

8. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Just noticed Super Crate Box is on Steam for free.

9. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    That's an awesome deal Serious Sam and Red Orchestra look really good

10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Pretty good deal. I highly recommend Deus Ex. RO2 is okay, in my opinion. It's somewhat glitchy/buggy. I don't have the other two games though.

Yep, and it supports game controllers. The KB+M controls are horrible, IMO :p

11. #591 Haruhi, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    I think someone mentioned that Serious Sam 3 is actually the deluxe edition that comes with the two classic Serious Sam games. The older games don't look too great by today's standards, but you can't complain about freebies. :p

I'm still trying to decide whether to go with Serious Sam 3 or Dungeon Siege III for my second choice. Deus Ex is a no-brainer.

12. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #592 Donovan1209, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    The Basement Collection:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/214790/

It's really cheap as well!

13. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Oh man that sounds good. If I were you I'd probably pick up SS over DSIiI. I think it's better value

I think I need to stop talking about pc games for a while now. My dad will never buy me another game for now since school starts on Monday

14. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    So I don't know if anybody has mentioned anything about it yet (didn't really want to dig through the thread, so sorry if it's old news), but the Torchlight II 4-pack pre-order seems to be glitched. I bought it and you're supposed to get 4 copies of Torchlight and 4 copies of Torchlight II.

I only got 3 copies of TL2- 1 for me, 2 giftable copies, and 1 missing. I also got 4 giftable copies of TL (I already owned TL prior to buying the 4-pack)- dunno if that was supposed to happen or what (you would normally get 3 giftable copies and keep one if you didn't own the game).

I looked around and it seems to have happened to several other people already. Something I read was that the missing copy (for some unknown reason) takes a few hours to show up in your inventory- dunno if that applies in my case or not so I still contacted Steam support. I'll probably post their response.

So yeah, be careful if you're thinking about getting the TL2 4-pack.

15. LiuKangBakingAPie

Sep 3, 2012
    Baker
    Shang Tsung's Kitchen
    I've been wanting to pick up the torchlight games for a while, they worth it?

16. I split a four-pack with a friend a few weeks ago, and everything seemed fine. Must be a new thing.

17. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    So I guess the Torchlight II 4-pack glitch isn't too bad. You will get all the copies- one just might not show up for several hours. Here is the response that I got from Steam support:

I'd say they're worth it- especially since you get both games for essentially $15 if you can find people that will split a 4-pack with you ($20 if you buy it individually). TL1 and TL2 are fairly different though- TL1 is much smaller. It only has one town, essentially one dungeon with several levels (it goes from a mine to a crypt, etc.), no multiplayer, and three classes.

18. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    The only things that I'm planning to get is COD:BOII (probably not the deluxe :p) and NBA 2K13 (though, it's not out for preorder yet :(). Everything else will be things that go on sale :p

19. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

My Steam account is somyunggai. My latest aquisitions are Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2, and Garry's Mod.