The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I think the DLC varies from more leaders, more maps, and maybe other stuff too. I don't think it includes anything game changing, but mainly stuff to add replayability.

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Tough situation... I guess just buy standard, if you like the game buy all the dlc later on

3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Heh, and I thought I wasn't going to buy anything today. Batman: AA, Batman: AC, and Harley Quinn's Revenge have been bought!

4. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Leaning toward GOTY edition...

Are there any good procedurally generated content games on Steam?

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I was looking at Batman, but the DRM turns me off...
    I have nothing at all against DRM if done correctly, but the way SecuROM is handled with Arkham City... No. Too bad, really, I would've loved to play.

6. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Shit, bought Tropico 4, Batman AC, Total War Shogun 2, and AC Revelations. And this is trying to save money...

7. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Trine 2 is only $3.74! Picking it up! Hope bastion goes on sale!

8. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    What are some recommendations of games to pick up over the summer sale? I don't have a great pc for games (e.g. don't say games with super high graphics) and I haven't been around on Steam for very long, so I don't have a lot of games...

9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Killing Floor is a fun co-op game. It doesn't require a high-end computer to run it either. I also recommend the Valve complete pack if you dont have any of those. If you don't need all of them, Portal/Portal 2, CS:Source, L4D2 are recommended.

10. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Mount and Blade: Warband is amazing, plus graphics go easy on your computer.

11. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    If you see a game you like but are unsure about it google Can you run it? I think the website is systemrequirmentlabs. It analyzes your system and compares it to the requirments for the game. It's completely safe I've used it 100s of times.

12. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Will definitely check out some of those. Not a huge fan of survival horror games that much though, so I think I might pass on L4D2 and KF. Of Valve's own games I only own Portal (original reason I made a Steam account was because it went free). Will definitely be checking out a couple of those. Garry's Mod actually looked really interesting, as well as a couple others like CS:S. Will wait til the end of the sale on those though unless they're a daily/flash deal.

That one looks like a keeper, and I usually hate most rpgs lol. Course I probly haven't played any really good ones before...

Might be finding that useful. Usually I just guesstimate based on the processor, and if there's a demo I might check that....

Also is Frozen Synapse any good? Looked kinda interesting, plus it gives you 2 copies per purchase.

13. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Bastion is going on sale for $3.74 in a few hours so that might be worth looking at. Trine 2 is also $3.74. The Civ games are pretty good if you like strategy and really suck you in fast once you learn the ropes. Killing floor is also only $5 right now so its worth a try. It's a great multiplayer game. You mentioned Frozen Synapse and i would say even though I haven't played it try out the demo.

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Was going to get Bastion, saw the Mount & Blade sale, decided to try the Warband demo I had downloaded weeks ago.

...holy damn. Warband is fricking awesome.

15. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Any opinions on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood?

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #536 Echoseven, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    It's pretty good. If you've played 2 and wanted more, Brohood is the game for you. It's pretty much more of the same, with a few improvements.

You're limited to one city though, but it's still huge and pretty varied between districts.
    Oh, and the crossbow. Favorite weapon ever.

Just picked up Mirror's Edge, loved it on the PS3 and for under $3 it was an easy decision. Don't care for any of the games up for Community Voting though... Bleh. Maybe Skyrim, but in NZ it costs $44USD. Would've easily bought it for $30US.
    /rant

17. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Apparently, it's one of the better AC games (alone with AC2), but if you haven't played AC2, you should get that as well.

18. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Eh, I've always heard it's an ongoing debate between Brotherhood and Revelations. I'd personally pick up Revelations for the unique multi-player, unless you want to continue through the story. Haven't ever played Revelations on PC though.
    Picked up Saints Row: The Third. It's basically a GTA in the near future with some crude humor. Great game though. I'd definetly pick it up tonight before it goes back up in price. Plenty of DLC too.

19. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Well, I've heard many people consider Revelations as a Brotherhood 'expansion'. I haven't played either (just AC2), so who am I to say anything? :p But for crex, I do recommend starting at AC2.

And yea, I also recommend Saints Row: The Third. I got it during the Christmas sale, I think. Most of the DLC isn't necessary though, except for the Season Pass, perhaps.

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Isn't it Brotherhood that is considered AC2's expansion?