The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Trade

Have:
    Just Cause 2

Want:
    $10 Amazon Giftcard
    Or Quake
    Or Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Or Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Or Offers

2. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Crap. I was going to get Tom Clancy's GRAW 1 and 2 for 2 bucks each yesterday, but decided to wait until today to get them. Bad idea. Now they're at 6 dollars each. The difference there is 8 dollars total, so I'm going to wait for a Mega Sale or something.

3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Ah, unlucky. Yesterday was the Ubisoft's Ghost Recon day, so you'd probably have to wait a little while for another mega sale. Maybe they'll put it back at that price for the Summer sale though.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally grabbed Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac the other day. Got them since they were on sale for BWM.

Super Meat Boy is even more frustrating on the Mac. The Binding of Isaac is a pretty weird game. First time playing something with permadeath. It's a lot of fun though. Not really a fan of the grossness, but oh well.

5. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Can anyone help tell me which of these games I should pick up? Trying to keep it at around 18 or 19 bucks...

Scoregasm (2.99, tried the demo and its a very fun DSS)
    Binding of Isaac (2.00, not sure how fun this will be or if i like the art)
    Bit Trip Runner (3.99, but i think it'll go lower sometime, looks kinda fun)
    Super Meat Boy (5.10, but looks like its gonna be worth it)
    Dejobaan Complete Pack (8.00 with 4 games and a dlc, though i more want the AaaAaaa games, though the other stuff looks possibly fun).

Any help is appreciated. Also any other recommendations, as I have like nothing from the Bcwemay sale...

Also IndieGalaV is up and for a buck you get four good looking games. More for BTA and BTA2.

Thanks!

6. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    #446 MystikSun, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    Oh gosh. If you pick only one it has to be Super Meat Boy. However, if you don't want to rage to the point you smash your keyboard in half, go with.... I still think you should try out Super Meat Boy xP Okay fine. If you want your keyboard intact, go with Scoregasm if you thought it was fun. If you're questioning the art of Binding of Isaac, STOP THERE and never think about it again.

But then again... Super Meat Boy calls.

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    i don't know the other games very well, but The Binding of Isaac is really great if you're into SHMUPS and arcade type games.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Anyone still need a guest pass for Diablo III? Have a few left.

9. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Will for sure pick up Scoregasm and Super Meat Boy(thanks to your recommendations mystiksun). I'll also pick up Binding of Isaac (thanks to Skymuffin's suggestion and the fact it's $2). With the Dejobaan Complete Pack it puts it at $18 exactly, so I think I'll be going this route, unless anyone could suggest doing something else with that $8?

10. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Curious question: Does anyone know if the Civ V Gods & Kings expansion will be included in the GOTY? When I bought it I got the GOTY on the assumption that that would be what would happen, but now that it is available for pre-purchase on Steam I'm beginning to doubt that. Still holding out hope, but what do y'all think?
    And:
    Happy Memorial Day

11. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I doubt it as well. Mainly because the GOTY already has some DLC (Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World) missing. I don't know why it's missing, but I'm just going to assume that no more content will be added to the GOTY edition.

12. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I just got Super Meat Boy about a week ago and I'm loving it. Already on the last world. I wouldn't say it's ridiculously hard, not like I Wanna Be the Guy.

Although I haven't unlocked all of the portals, played the dark maps or got all the bandages, it's a very fun game. Plus it has a lot of replay ability.

13. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    A Portal movie! I haven't watched it yet, so don't yell at me if it's bad :p

14. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    Made it into the CS:GO beta even though I only put in 120 hours into source xD

It's really fun, but with the huge graphics update, my computer's lagging a bit >.<

15. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    I got an invite from a friend. It's pretty fun but I haven't played source in a long time, and I didn't put even 120 hours into it. Go ahead and call me a newb! :p

16. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    I gave an extra pass to a school friend. I was disappointed since everyone I knew had given away their friends passes. Luckily I got in early.

17. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    lol I was taking the whole 'noob' approach and on the survey I put that I've never played Counter-strike hoping they'd pick me so they could get a "new to the game" feedback :D

Guess that didn't work lol

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #458 Echoseven, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    Deus Ex games on sale - nice price.

Is HR worthy?

Edit: Haven't played any other Deus Ex games...

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's great. Bought, but haven't played the Missing Link DLC, so I can't speak for that one though.

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Whose ready for Meet the Pyro today? I know I am!