The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Can someone explain this process of trading steam games please I'm confused :confused:

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Well, some people purchase games as a gift which they can trade at a later date for other games, TF2 items, Portal 2 items or whatever.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Not bad, all of HoMM V + Dark Savior for $5 total and Bioshock 1/2 $5 each.

And re:trades - you can trade coupons/coal with people - twice this sale I've been able to "trade up" getting a more expensive game someone had extra for a cheaper sale game!

You can also trade 7 coal to Steam for a chance at a free game/coupon.

4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Yeah, I'm thinking about the HoMM deal, I'm not sure about it because I have 1-4 already, and 5, from the few hours I spent with the demo/playing it at friends', it looks like a total copy of 3 with fancier graphics. Bioshock never interested me...

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Better a total copy of 3 than of 4... ;)

Just won HL2EP2 in the holiday draw - anybody need this game? Would be willing to trade it for just about anything - HL2 Deathmach would make me very happy...

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Looks like CS:S is finally down to $4.99 again. Well, that's the last game I want for the Mac and don't have besides Trine 2. Good stuff.

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    What's your username?

8. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Anyone willing to trade something mac compatible for a copy of frozen synapse and a few pieces of coal? surprise me, don't have many mac steam games.

9. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Anyone willing to trade anything for a piece of coal,preferably mac compatible?

Tried registering on steam gifts and my account is only valued at $40 dollars. darn Can't believe I only needed $10 more dollars to sign in!

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Late response: Drelbs :p

Better keep an eye out for the next Humble Bundle!

11. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Crex what is your steam id? I never got your request and I tried to pm you but your inbox is full :D

12. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Sorry about that. My username is crex1111

Just go to the TouchArcade group on Steam to find me.

13. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    Ok I sent it. Silly me I never thought to check the TA steam group even though I'm the one that made it :)

14. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Lmao. Why did you start another one? There's one that was started in June that is perfectly good. :p

Btw, got your invite. I was searching for 'sirawesome' when your username is 'U Got Pwnd' -___-

15. SirAwesome

May 20, 2010
    Ok cool we are friends now. I started up the new one because the other one seemed pretty dead with no announcements/posts/etc

16. ActiveX

ActiveX Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Right behind you.
    Some thing useful I found for Mac Steam users, if you're like me and some of your steam games have the exact same icon as the steam app itself, I found a way to change it to the actual icon.

Navigate to your steamapps folder "Username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/"

Here will be all the files for your games, just open the folder, secondary-click>Show Package Contents on the "gamename.app" application with the desired icon, copy the "iconname.incs" file, and paste it into the shortcut's "Resources" folder (secondary-click>show package contents, again), delete the old "shortcut.icns" and rename it "shortcut.incs".

:D

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Awesome. I always thought it was because I had downloaded the games incorrectly. Have quite a few of them with the Steam icon. Thanks.

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #318 backtothis, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Does anyone know how to get online working for CS:S on the Mac? When I click "Find Servers," nothing pops up. I can only host local games too.

Edit: Wow, it fixed itself as soon as I posted this. Been trying to get it to work for over 30 minutes. Now the server count is over 15,000 and still going up rapidly, lol. Alrighty then.

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Steam Mobile client for iOS and Android

Steam Mobile

Valve
    With the free Steam Mobile App, you can take Steam with you anywhere. Buy PC games and get the latest game and community…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    With the free Steam Mobile App, you can take Steam with you anywhere. Buy PC games and get the latest game and community news - while protecting your Steam account. Shop Steam Browse the Steam catalog of PC games from your phone. Never miss a sale again. Steam Guard Protect your Steam account and make sign in faster with two-factor authentication. • Two-factor authentication to ensure you’re the only one with access to your account • QR code sign in - Scan a QR code to sign into Steam instead of entering a password or… • Sign in confirmation - Confirm your regular Steam sign ins with simple “approve” or “deny” Library & Remote downloads The new Library view makes it easy to view game content, discussions, guides, support, and more. Plus you can manage game downloads and updates to your PC from your phone. Trade and Market Confirmations Speed up item trades and sales by using your phone to confirm them. Plus • A personalized News feed based on your Library with the latest news, events, and content updates direct from publishers and game developers. • Customizable Steam notifications: wishlist, sales, comments, trades, discussions, friend requests, and more. • Access to the entire Steam Community - discussions, groups, guides, Market, Workshop, broadcasts, and more. • Access to your friends, friend activity, groups, screenshots, inventory, wallet, and more. • Authorized Devices - Manage access to the devices your account has signed in • An improved Store browsing experience for mobile screens • Support for using multiple Steam accounts in the app • Support for customizing your app's main tabs
    Information
    Seller:Valve
    Genre:
    Release:Jan 26, 2012
    Updated:Jul 16, 2024
    Version:3.9.1
    Size:34.9 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

20. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    This looks actually pretty awesome. All Steam needs is chat logging now to be taken seriously as a messenger. :x