The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    That makes sense. There's no reason to buy a PS3 if all the people you know have 360s. Well, no reason besides the Uncharted series, LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, Shadow of the Colossus, the Resistance series, and the God of War series. ;) Just kidding, I understand completely. Most of my friends have PS3s, so the slew of Sony exclusives was just an added bonus.

I'd like to apologize to everyone that came to this thread expecting discussions about Steam. Discussion of Steam in the Steam Discussion Thread? Pffff.

2. iPro

iPro Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    YouTube Money Maker
    In Cali
    I want buds in tf2 :)

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just beat Torchlight. Second Steam game ever finished! Took 5 sittings, 13 hours. Last boss took me an hour. Was a pretty impressive dungeon crawler, all in all. Will go back and beat it with the other classes one day possibly. Looking forward to Torchlight 2. Should probably get back to beating Portal 2 next time I play.

4. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Wow said I just found this thread. Great we have a steam thread, if anyone is interested theres a touch arcade steam group. Always glad to have more members!

5. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just spent some time with Trine. 4 levels left to finish up for another day. Anyone get the second one yet? Looks really good, especially the co-op.

6. iPro

iPro Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    YouTube Money Maker
    In Cali
    I also need to finish trine but I did get trine 2 :) Looks fun but I need to beat the first. I also have a sanctum and was looking to trade it for another steam gift anyone? No sure if I would like it if I kept sanctum. Is it good?

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Buds are so expensive now. I remember in the Summer when it was practically impossible to sell them for 10 keys. Damn inflation.

8. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    http://www.humblebundle.com/

The new bundle: Shank, Gratuitious Space Battles, Cave Story+, Jamestown, Bit. Trip Runner, SUPER MEAT BOY, Shank, and Nightsky HD. To get Cave story and gratuitious space battles, you need to donate $5.06 or more.

9. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Probably nothing nnew here, but the holiday sale has started. :>

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Oh, damn. I just realized I haven't been on Steam for a week now, lol. Will check out the sales, thanks.

11. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    It just started today. It works exactly like the Autumn Sale. Hopefully.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Oh, alright. Guess I'll just check daily then. Nothing I actually want for the Mac anymore though besides CS:S and Trine 2, lol.

13. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Dungeons of Dredmor is on sale today for $1.24. It's a really fantastic roguelike/rpg game, definitely worth the money.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Great roguelike - and if you make Diggle Nog today, you'll get a steam gift/coal! :D

For any of you who didn't have all the Half Life 2 games already (like me :eek:) the Orange Box is only $4.99 right now...

15. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    Picked up Torchlight. Almost at the 30 game mark.

Like you Mac users, having a laptop means I only have access to onboard graphics so it limits my spending on Steam. The only problem is finding real quality with my limits :/

16. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Guys, for anyone who hasn't gotten it yet, skyrim is 33% off!

17. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    Got Company of Heroes and Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts. I can't download it now because the connection sucks where I am. Have to wait 'till Monday to get back home.
    Supposedly CoH is an RTS has around 5,000-10,000 players online at a given time despite being released in 2007. Impressive? Yes. Especially for a game I've never heard of. Although I guess the playerbase can never beat Starcraft :p

18. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Not sure where you heard that, but according to the Steam Stats page, there are only about 600-700 people online (right now) and that's for CoH: Tales of Valor. Perhaps the older CoH games seem to bypass Steam's stats? Who knows :p But if you're into RTS, I'd just stick with SC or maybe even C&C.

19. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    The number of people on the Steam stats page is only the people who launch it through Steam. The other thousands most likely bought it from a retailer/the official site.

It was also only 2 bucks xP

And looks like I'm not getting SCII anytime soon.

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I have S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for the PC if anybody wants to trade me something for it. Sux that it isn't Mac compatible....