The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
  2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Awesome deals. Too bad there's only like 5 Mac games. Got two copies of L4D2 and bought Amnesia as well. Don't see anything I'd be interested in.

3. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Awesome deals? Pretty much no interesting game there. Terraria is awesome, but looking at screenshots/reviews/asking friends, that's the only good thing there.

4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    There are a lot of interesting games.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
    F.E.A.R. series
    Bioshock series
    Dead Space series
    Left 4 Dead series
    Penumbra series (from the devs of Amnesia)
    Terraria
    Killing Floor
    Dead Island
    Plants vs Zombies
    Borderlands

5. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I think I'll pass on Killing Floor and Penumbra. They look like too less compete tent versions of L4D2 and Amnesia, respectively.

6. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Umm, well, what's interesting for one, isn't for the other. I generally don't like the zombie theme to games, so Halloween obviously isn't the my favorite holiday as far as gaming deals go.

7. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    The F.E.A.R. Series is amazing. Great psychological thriller story for a FPS game. No zombies there, just lot's of good scares >.<

8. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Someone, tell me when Counter Strike goes on sale xD I was thinking about getting it for the summer sale for two bucks but for some reason passed on it because of Battlefield for the 360, but I felt the sudden urge to play PC FPS's. I've gotten Crossfire right now, but there are at least two hackers in every game.

9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Hm.. if it doesn't go on sale for Thanksgiving/Black Friday, it'll probably go on sale for Christmas :p

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just played through 10 levels of co-op on Portal 2. Been playing about once a week or two for the past two months or so. The two-pack on Steam for $27.99 was definitely the best purchase I've made so far on there. It came with the Peer Review DLC as well so I'll have that to look forward to after finishing the last 4 levels of the co-op missions. Definitely an incredible game. Of course, I still have most of the campaign to play through too. Only got to chapter 3 before starting co-op, lol. Looking forward to some Black Friday sales.

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Trine 2 now available for pre-purchase. :)

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Nice! Definitely looks like a winner. Co-op multiplayer!

13. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #213 gwet17, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    YES!!!!!! I'll probably be buying it on PSN (though I'm sure I'd prefer keyboard and mouse controls) since my PS3 is without a doubt more powerful than my puny Mac. I don't suppose I can expect PSN/Steam cross-platform, which is a shame because I'll bet my friends will all be getting it on their PCs, which are infinitely more worthy than my notebook. :'(

http://www.psu.com/No-cross-platform-play-for-Trine-2--a012503-p0.php
    Ffffffff...

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lots of sales from today until Sunday. Definitely going to check some of these out.

15. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    Oh yeah to note:
    The games that are on sale are going to be on sale until the last day of the Thanksgiving sale for those that don't know how Steam mega sales work.

Each day, a certain few are going to be priced lower than they would be on a regular sale day (so tomorrow, TDU2 might be 9.99 in the sale instead of 4.99 USD). So get your games on the last day to see if you can save as much as you can.

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Will do, thanks. But seriously, there's like 10% of Mac games not on sale right now, lol. Some of the deals aren't as good as I had expected though. Maybe that'll change.

17. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    Yeah, I learned it the hard way since on the summer mega sale, audiosurf went down to a low price (I think around 5 bucks) so I immediately got it. Then the next day it was chosen to be one of the abnormal sales for 24 hours, and it was priced under a buck.

Not too much of a loss, but 4 bucks is 4 bucks. iOS gamer mentality xD

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Damn, thanks for telling me about this dude. Two Worlds II was $24.99 yesterday, and today it's one of the special sales at only $13.59. Will probably be getting it since it looks like the best RPG for the Mac on Steam. Will wait until the last day and get Torchlight as well to see if it drops any further since that looks like the second best RPG available for Macs on Steam. Not going to touch any of the non-special sales until Sunday. Expecting quite a few of the top Mac games to drop further. Thanks again.

19. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    #219 MystikSun, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
    No problem. You should also thank Steam for holding these sales at least twice a year. It gives gamers who purchase left and right the opportunity to save more on games. No better time to buy any game than a Steam Mega Sale :p

Just glad to help a TouchArcadian.

20. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Sometimes I'm glad I have a Mac because I don't have access to thousands of console games this way, lmao. I don't want to think about how much I'd be spending with a PC.