iPhone The Spatials (by Carlos Carrasco)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 5, 2014.

1. JJE

JJE Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Artist
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Who knows? Maybe they have decided the power of new phones and iPads are powerful enough nowadays.
    Maybe Apple has told them that the new Arcade is just the place for Galactology.

In any event it’s a wonderful game that was sadly forgotten.
    A must play for anyone who enjoyed Babylon 5 and The Orville or some other franchise whose name escapes me at the moment.

2. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #202 JasonLL, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Spatials is indeed an unknown gem on iOS. As a fellow Star Trek fan, this game to me, is one of the most Trek like games without being officially associated with Trek (although the influence in obvious). Sadly most iOS Star Trek games leave me feeling a bit cold, even the ones that I like. Spatials definitely feels that void a bit and IMO is what a premium Trek could be if the diehard fans had more of say.

Easily one of the best base building / exploration games on iOS.

3. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Maybe the latest iPad Pro is powerful enough. The problem is that many iOS devices need to be powerful enough for the devs to take the chance with Galactology. Spatials is niche enough where compatibility on only the latest iPads would be a very risky business move. The mass appeal just isn’t there for limited release.

I would love Galactology on Apple Arcade. It would be a great fit in a couple of ways:

— Spatials visuals are very much in the Apple wheelhouse. Despite its non-casual nature the visual aesthetics are very marketable and “apple like”.

— If compatibility is limited to a few devices for the time being maybe the devs would get incentive up front to make it worth their while to bring Galactology to iOS. Same goes for other games that can only be played with the latest hardware. Makes Apple Arcade look good and makes the fans hopeful for the future and happy.

JJE likes this.
  4. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    F. Me.
    It’s been on my wishlist for years!!!
    And I only learned today it went universal.
    Instabuy, of course.

Where was I ?!?

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  5. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    #205 DeNappa, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    I did play this after the initial release, had some fun with it then. But I don't remember it as having epic deep gameplay?

/edit: oh, I see I probably missed the V2 update. Maybe worth checking out again :D

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Goo sale on it now if anyone’s interested.