The Sims 3 Technical Issues

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Booch138, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Ok, so I am a little along the ways with my Sim that I have created, im Vice Pres in Politics, have the 3rd upgraded house, I have a wife, I have a ton of stuff unlocked blah blah blah.

My question is, as of lately, my game crashes ALL THE F*CKING TIME. No matter what I do, no matter how many times i free up memory, no matter how many times I restart my iTouch, after about 3 or so minutes of playing, my game crashes. It saves whatever happened up to that point fortunately, but it is really lame to have to restart up the app, only for it to crash in like 3 minutes. I don't get it... Anyone else having this issue? It happens when I walk around in my house, talk to people, fish, walk down the f*cking street, kiss my wife, visit someones house, etc. Basically it happens no matter what I do, and its to the point where I can't even play it anymore. I am just wondering if I am the only one... and what I should do. I guess I have to contact EA? I dont know wtf to do.

2. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Is anyone having this problem too?

3. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Are you on itouch first gen? I heard similar crashing incident on that device :mad:

4. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    my dad was just having this problem, just seems like its a 3.0 problem, since before this the sims has never crashed for either of us

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nah I have the 2nd gen iTouch with the 3.0 update but this was going on before I updated. It just seems worse with the new update though. Hope they get this fixed soon..

6. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    #6 ShadowsFall, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    It happens to everyone, even after restarting. EVERYONE's Sims 3 game crashes all the time. It's been happening for quite sometime now with no patches to fix it.

7. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    me too,from the start i played it,its alwys crashing
    i hve the iphone 2g
    rebooting before playing will help lengthen your playing bfore it crashes,hahahah,
    i'm now married to johnny
    my chrcter is a man
    hahaha

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me. Kind of making me upset that it is running so sh!tty, especially for the $ we put in it. *sigh* Thanks for your responses everyone.

9. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Yeah this happen to me regularly too. Probably because of those jailbreaks app that are eating up memory on the background. Eg: Backgrounder, Winterboard, etc.