Universal The Sims 3 Ambitions (By Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 15, 2010.

1. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    enjoying this game.

i have an issue though. something that makes no logical sense. i already have ingredients on hand to make things yet when i cook it, i get charged more money to cook it. i already purchased the supplies.

2. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    maybe they're charging you for the gas?

3. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm enjoying this one a lot more than the first two, but I'm disappointed that there is absolutely no personalization for facial features.

4. ck92

ck92 New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    can anyone please tell me how to get a record for the musician career? Thanks =D

5. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

So is this recommended? I've been looking at all the sims games. Which should i get?

6. Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I'm wondering the same thing.

7. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    The sad thing about the game is the fact there is no chance in hell of EA, actually listening to us (the customers).

8. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    sponsorship

this game is really good and fun but i just cant figure out how to get a sponsorship anyone know, plz help.

9. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009
    #69 pixelchild, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
    recommended.

10. ck92

ck92 New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    If u're a musciain, Just meet 5 people, talk to them, click on chat, then 'ask neighbour to sign for petition and u're done =D

11. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009
    question: can you remove wishes/goals? it's irritating. one of his goals is to be disliked by everyone. i want to remove this.

- lack of retina display is not a huge deal. it still looks alright on a iphone 4.
    - the ability to create additional characters and have them live in the same town or at least rename those characters would be a huge plus.
    - the game slows up at times.
    - town needs more features/things to do.
    - more jobs would be nice.
    - cooking tutorial for the wrong game? in the help and about, there is a cooking tutorial. this is not the same way it is done in game.
    - fertilizer should not be needed to grow plants.
    - when cooking, show ingredient availability rather than having to go into the menu.

12. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I'm now downloading. Can't wait to play. One review though said £2.99 is expensive for an app and then claimed that the iPhone 4 has been out ages (!!?!) so retina display is a basic right!!

13. porkchop

Sep 8, 2010
    #73 porkchop, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
    I tried talking to 5 people but it didn't work I'm trying to advance in sports career I thought it would be the same but I don't get option in chat for neighbors to sing petition any help pls

14. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Does anyone know what cars do? It doesn't seem to speed me up around town or anything.

15. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #75 lord-sam, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    After spending many hours with this game, I can say it's a lot more entertaining and more convenient than the first installment. Camera zoom is a lot closer now, although it does seem a bit lower than head height. Which is odd and pointless. It also seems to go through objects. Money is a lot easier to get, and it does pay to have a job - unlike the first where you could make more fishing. You also have tongain skills and friends to get promotion just like the console version, unlike the first where you just ha to ask for one! To finalise the promotion, you must complete a mini-game, eg art career you must fill in the correct colours on a picture. Items and building materials are reasonably priced. Sometimes after work, you are given a scenario such as someone steals something and you choose to report or not.
    You can buy hobby items relevant to your career Such as a guitar or cooking pans. No longer the annoying mini-game to cook a meal, although it does exist on repairing items. When you reach top promotion you are given a gift - in my artists case, a sculpture where you can play the same mini-games as in your job. Marriage makes no sense; you don't move in or share funds, pointless really. And you don't even see the marriage, it just as if you were talkin to someone! The car also seems pointless, a hefty 5000 simoleons and it goes no faster than walking - also it flashes between being a car and a person when travelling perhaps to save graphical power or whatever. However, the car does look nice in the driveway with a shiny surface that reflects- like the cathederal floor on epic citadel. Just no idea how you make a business - any suggestions?

Overall, a great game and worth getting if you want an all round sims game.

16. WingedDevil

WingedDevil Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Luxembourg
    What a crap! I can't use my Sim from the previous games because he wears downloadable content from the first game :mad:

17. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Still have no idea how to get a sponsorship deal in athletics career. Been looking everywhere. That talk to 5 people thing didn't work. Tried it on the phone, tried going door to door, tried calling 5 people over to my house, nothing. Can't seem to get a sponsorship.

18. porkchop

Sep 8, 2010
    I just found out bud you just keep going to work then eventually they give you a sponsorship thats what happen to me

19. mrdasman

mrdasman Active Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Austin ,Tx
    I was really skeptical of getting this after playing the original, but now I'm glad I did. I think I've spent more time playing Ambitions today than I put in on Sims 3 all together. The controls work a lot better, and it's just a lot more fun. Great job EA!

20. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Awesome, thank you!