Universal The Sims 3 Ambitions (By Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 15, 2010.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Can you have more than one level on house or not? I'm guessing not.

Also, how does placing objects work now? I remember the 1st installement was way too flawed and things never went where you placed them.

2. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    does this got the same content of the original ipod sims 3 + the new content or just new content

3. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    You can only have one level, like the console version of the Sims 2.

Placing objects is pretty simple, theres a grid and you just drag it across the grid, and tap it to rotate it.

4. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Another question - do you earn senator amounts of money from a job, enoughto build a lot of rooms without having to wait ages? Also, can you go fishing still because I remember someone saying you couldn't in the world adventures.

5. Lifein2D

Lifein2D Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Student
    Canada
    Money seems to be about the same. I'm at the second promotion in the Musician career and I make $200 a day.

and yes you can fish again. One thing thats different is you don't have to buy groceries for cooking. All you need is the recipe from the bistro.

6. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Is there an "open ended" storyline? Meaning once you complete the goals you can keep on earning money and building your house?...

7. Lifein2D

Feb 16, 2010
    Student
    Canada
    Yes it is. There isn't really a storyline. Its just thoughts and goals that you can do to become more successful in your career.

8. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Is it descent on a Ipad?
    The other 2 looks crappy on an Ipad.

9. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    please help with this question.

how does this game work with the other the sims games for the iphone? do i need them or is this completely standalone? will i be missing something if i only buy this game?

10. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    As far as I know the only thing the other sims games have to do with this is importing a character. You don't "need" the other ones to enjoy this one.

11. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009

brian, thanks for the answer mate.

12. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Do you actually get to "do" these different careers or is it like the first Sims 3 where you just clock in and out? Or maybe like the Sims WA where it's just a slideshow?

Also, just wondering if this is too similar to the first one for me to buy it. Are these additions all that different?

13. Lifein2D

Feb 16, 2010
    Student
    Canada
    Each career has a minigame that you play. I've been playing as a musician and at first I just went to work. But after I leveled up a bit I built a night club and I play a guitar minigame when I go to work. Its a basic game where arrows come to the side of the screen and you have to strum up or down in the direction of the arrows.

I'm guessing that every career has this type of game. and really its like an expansion pack to sims 3. It just adds the kids and build mode, plus these new career games. I don't know if thats enough for you to upgrade. The graphics are the same. But the town is slightly different

14. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009
    i just made a character. is there no way to also create additional characters in the same town/game? i wanted to create my girlfriend and make babies with her since this probably won't happen in real life.

15. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head

ROFL, I had to laugh @ that! :p

Can't awnser for you as I haven't got it yet, but I'm pretty tempted. I actually enjoyed the first sims game I was just dissapointed about the fact that you couldn't customize your house as much (fixed in this ver. I guess), I never finished the 1st one so I'll probably wait on this one til I do.

16. pixelchild

Apr 24, 2009
    i do enjoy this game thus far. i hope i can find an answer to renaming sims or adding created characters to the same town.

17. Lifein2D

Feb 16, 2010
    Student
    Canada
    I haven't seen anyway to do this. It doesn't look like you can

18. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    so, I've never played a sims game before, and I've kept my eye on the games that have been released thus far and I'm interested. My question is, should I get one of the other ones first or is this one the same as the others with extra features? I've played games where the sequels would remove fun features and then add more, so even though there are more features, some of the enjoyable ones from the previous games are gone. Is this the case? If not, then I'll be buying this immediately!

19. Lifein2D

Feb 16, 2010
    Student
    Canada
    This one has more features than the other 2. But it does lose the DLC store thats in the original.

20. Uberblake

Uberblake Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    You can finish the game?!