Universal The Silver Bullet (by Kwangsam Kim)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 24, 2015.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer: add MFi support and I am in. Pretty, please.

2. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Ok, thanks for the answer Kenan, that's good to know.

Hippo, oddly enough, I'm at level 9, and had three stones as well. How did you use them? I put one on each gun, and another on the boots. Kind of regretted that, since the boots only give 0.5 increase in speed, and I really want her to move faster.

I don't have a controller, but this is the kind of game that is begging for one. Although I'm not sure how one would perform those gun katas without touching the screen...

3. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Picked this up on recommendation of others in the thread. It's fun so far!

4. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Really fun game with a great atmosphere and story. Only thing i wish was different would be the right(aiming) stick... Its not made really well to play free aiming... I understand the tap enemy to aim but i like the freedom to shoot what i want like halo spartan assault... Otherwise a great game

5. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Hey, so I've gone back and done a by of "grinding" you could say. I've gotten demon souls from killing bosses, finding them in the boxes around levels, and rarely from killing regular enemies. I've found the best places to farm are killing the big fat zombie guy I forgot his name and killing bugs and checking boxes in the bunker(?) levels after killing the robot but before killing the annoying super soldier who rolls everywhere with his bitch-ass.

To answer your question though I've pretty much split spending points between damage, accuracy, and health. I want my guns to hit hard but constantly missing is just freaking annoying, and survivability is important in boss battles cuz I can't just sneak up and kick them like I do everyone else. I want her to move faster too but the incrimental increase in speed is so small it's just not worth it at this point.

6. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Hehe damn Hippo, you've played this far more than I have, I don't know what you're talking about :D last boss I played was a ninja girl of some kind. Yeah, I'm a slow player :)

You know, I get it, damage, accuracy, and health, those keep you alive. But I believe walking faster would also be an enormous advantage in this game. I guess the problem is that it'd probably take too long until you could notice an improvement.

I really think this game didn't get any of the attention it deserves, though, and I wish more people took the plunge and tried it. I mean, for 3 bucks, this game is a no-brainer.

7. Byulbram

Byulbram Member

Oct 10, 2014
    #67 Byulbram, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    At late 2014-2015 version, There was no meanings of Level up or Enhancement of stats.
    (At GUI, there was Level. but it was just remnant of past publisher F2P version with no meanings)
    Just forced players to get trained and study how to clear this stage.

But one of my friend(he is also game developer) played this game and he sad,
    "Well, This game is just for Hard-Core players with control skills.
    But how about other players? They also paid for this game but they should not clear this game at last."

That stunned me,
    And I've added new way to clear this game with repeated play.
    (So, I removed the word "No Grind" from description)

Now, There's 2 way to clear this game.
    1. With pure players skills. (sneak and save bullets, evade with predict Boss's pattern)
    2. With stats. solve everything with power.

I prefer to play with 1.
    but for other players I left 2 for the other choice.

8. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Could be just me but most of the boss patterns are easy to learn,even the final boss was not that hard,all I had to do was farm some magazine clips and some demon souls.

Cannot really say that there was some kind of a part that I hated the most,probably that level where you have to defend the generator or whatever from aliens when I faced them for the first time.

9. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Im just wondering if you will be adding floating sticks in any future update? Would make this game a 10/10

10. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I'd like to see an option to disable the !! HELP !! message that pops over alerted enemies heads.

11. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=263596][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264829][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264951][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264748][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264831][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264504][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264675][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264949][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264793][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264856][​IMG][/thread]

the Silver Bullet

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

June 25th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

12. HippoHumper

Sep 25, 2013
    Yea warriv I pretty much had the same train of thought when upgrading as you. But the more I played the less I saw the need to upgrade speed if your smart about when and where you dodge. It has a short cool down time so u need to use it when enemies are very close and know where to dodge based on their attack patterns to maximize distance and the time it takes for them to lock back onto u. I also focused on upgrading health as one of the tips mentioned it increases hp regen as well as overall health. I don't really need it during levels as I take note of where medkits are and only go back to use them when I need them, but I needed to up survivability during boss battles for those moments when I dodge in the wrong direction or they get so close my character decides to stop shooting for some reason no matter how many times I tap on the prick... Then I'm tapping so damn much she just doesn't know what the hell to do so I have to roll away calm down and regroup. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game but some of the control issues have been a bit irritating.

13. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Well, you're making sense, but now that the developer has said the game was meant to be beaten without upgrades, I've taken that as a challenge :D

I'll agree, the controls seem to be a bit unresponsive at times. Still a great game, as you say, though it'd get 5/5 if it had nailed the controls.

14. HippoHumper

Sep 25, 2013
    Lol I know. Soon as i saw that post from the dev I was like "well shit, did he just throw down the gauntlet or what?". Then I left the TA app and opened Silver Bullet to reset my progress to start over and play with zero upgrades.

If that's how the game was meant to be played then that's how I'll play it!

15. Byulbram

Byulbram Member

Oct 10, 2014
    #75 Byulbram, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Some balance was changed after adding level-ups,
    Somethings changed: you can not clear with some "Magazine", and a few "accuracy" for some situation.
    (at late 2014 version bullet magazine(max bullet) was always 1000..and no refill on start.
    but now on 300 at start and you can expand it, and refilled on starting stage.)
    Now, game balanced with quantity that you can collect in one-time play progress, not grinding.

For not enough Magazine, and Accuracy, you need to save bullets, and better try other ways.

* Needless stats for expert player is - HP, Speed, Power. just enhance accuracy and collect magazine.
    (these 3 stats are for beginners)

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
  17. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Very informative video. Thank you!
    I'm sold. :)

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol, thanks Lavener! You guys are the reason I do them. Guess, I'll keep making them then.

19. pizzapoke

pizzapoke Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Can anyone tell me how long this game is? I'm considering purchasing it, but I'd like to know its longevity first.

20. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Is this mfi?

If so I'm in