Universal The Silver Bullet (by Kwangsam Kim)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Okay, I gonna buy this now.

2. inthismoment07

inthismoment07 Active Member

Aug 12, 2014
    I was suprised how good this actually is. Really enjoying it. Looks great on mini 2 with textures on high. Well worth the asking price and then some.

3. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    I don't know, it just seems a low price for such a game. Some people will be suspicious of that. I can't decide if I'm buying this or not. I'd have to delete something from my iPad, and I just don't know what.

Is it possible to turn auto targeting off? Doesn't it make the game too easy? I've been playing xenowerk and space marshals, and I'm worried the transition will be too drastic.

4. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
  5. Byulbram

Byulbram Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Hmm, Disabling auto target.. I'll think about to add toggles on Setting menu.
    Auto-target is for beginner's feature. (and for players of "these days")
    Most technical style and I prefer is just tap enemy to Lock-On directly.
    I'll think about toggle on setting. thank you.

6. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Well thank you for that. You're making it hard for me not to buy your game.

Oh shoot, I'm sold.

Now, how am I going to fit this on my 16gb iPad, that's the real drama!

7. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Hello dev!
    Good game by the way, i bought it based on review here on TA forum, and i am not dissapointed, has a good enough story to get make you discover more.
    A few things i was a little dissapointed with was....
    There are no diffrent weapons?? Im at stage 10 and nothing yet so gameplay gets a little repetitive with no upgrades and just the same pistols and bombs.
    Also are you going to implemnet controller support?
    Also why do you have it so the scenery can be moved when you move the device? Is there a purpose too that?
    OVERALL: it is worth the money, i really do beleive that even with the couple of things missing i listed above......
    Should you get this game?.....YES defo, what ive played so far is good and the music is rocking how it should be!!
    Thanks dev, and i really hope more is added to spice up the game ✌#️✌#✌#✌#

8. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I know right,if you want more weapons then get A Few Days Left,but I think that developer was trying to make something like devil may cry out of this,that's why we only have melee combat and good ol' fashioned dual pistols.

9. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    KENAN2000!!! You beauty!!! Lol i never even heard of that game? How the hell did i miss that one lmao! Just bought it haha dude thanx not only for the reply but showing me a game i probably wud have missed! ✌#️✌#✌#✌#✌#

10. Byulbram

Byulbram Member

Oct 10, 2014
    #50 Byulbram, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    1 years ago, there was various pistols and other weapons in this game.
    and collecting items to enhance, modified weapon was needed to clear higher levels.
    (Like other games in these days, and what publishers wanted.)

But after divorced publishers and decided to publish by myself,
    I found I've not enough budget and time to develop game server to save item inventory.
    (PvP should be with that kind of monetizing models. so security of DB is important)
    So, I decided to focus on game play without collecting and modifying items on THIS VERSION.

May be at next episode, (on whole new episode, not on Prometheus part-2)
    I hope to add 2-3 more characters with different types of weapons and game play.

11. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Thanx for the reply dev!
    That is such a shame, it would push this game to being amazing!! But there is only so much you can do and you have done really well ✌#️ look forward to updates.....

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I'm totally happy with the limited upgrade possibilites, the two cool weapons plus melee attack and focusing on the story and this incredible great and tense atmosphere.
    The limited screen-tilting is a nice gadget and very useful here and there, specially when you need to stealth the enemies. It can give you just this bit more of sight and even the possibility to trigger a fatal shot, while without you couldn't.
    I just finished the game (lvd up around 50) and had my first survival death in the Abyss.

In my eyes, this is already a beautiful but raw diamond around a few edges, i.e. a too cluttered screen with no option to make some invisible, no floading move-stick option (at least) and Kali's movement simply is too shaky and slow (i invested many souls but still...).

I'm looking forward what the next/final episode will bring, and i might be one of few people who wouldn't care at all to pay another three bucks for it.

13. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Well, I've been playing a bit, and so far, the game is really cool. There are some nice touches, like the main menu changes its appearance depending on what level you're on, and you can rotate the view and check out those amazing graphics. I'm playing with a mini 2, by the way, with texture settings on max, and not a frame drop in view.

I love the gun kata feel, though it does make the game a bit easier.

My only gripe so far is Kali's walking animation, it feels clunky and slow, like the previous poster said. I usually walk around in stealth mode, just because it looks better.

Anyway, pretty solid game, you can tell there's been a lot of love dedicated to it, so congratulations, Byulbram!

I do recommend any fan of the genre to check this game out, especially at this price range.

I agree with Quertz555, and would pay for the expansion, even though I'm still in the beginning stages. Hard work should be rewarded, after all.

14. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    So how do u get the stones to upgrade Kali's weapons? I thought it was when I leveled up but I've leveled up twice with nothing and haven't been able to upgrade any of my weapons for awhile.

15. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Hmmm, weird, I got a one of those respawn things on my first level up, and a demon stone on my second, I believe. But I haven't figured out how it works yet.

16. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    When you level up you get demon souls,bosses and enemies also drop them sometimes,you go to the main menu and tap at the pistols/armor/boots to upgrade them with the demon souls.

17. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't at all clear. What I meant was that I haven't figured out if how you earn them. Is it set at certain levels? Is it a random reward? Because you don't earn them for each level up.

Edit: but it's good to know bosses can drop them. Question though, can they drop them every time you replay a boss, or is it just the first time?

18. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Solid game. The controls need some tweaking in my opinion, seem a little loose and not as responsive as I like but I have been playing pixelbite games so I may be a little biased. Really fun and worth the $3. Atmosphere is great and the story is decent. Graphics are very nice.

19. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    They drop entirely randomly from normal mobs and bosses,it's randomized.

20. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Ah, thanks for the info. I was wondering as well since I've leveled up to level 9 but only have 3 demon souls for upgrades. 2 I got from leveling up and one I just happen to find while searching through a level.