Universal The Shadow Sun - (by Ossian Studios Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

We're seeing TSS available on both the iPad and iPod touch. If you're having problems finding it, just go to our website and click the App Store link to TSS at the top of the page (where you see the App Store badge). http://www.ossianstudios.com/

2. Wowzers! This game was worth all the hype, it is totally awesome so far! Holy mackeral, a real winner here!!!

3. funny_man_vanya

Sep 24, 2013
    Thanks anyways awesome game!!!! But where do I pick up the stuff from the dlc? It said something about them being at the hideout?

4. Totally awesome game, anyone bought any of the character packs yet? Are they worth it?

5. PandionDan

PandionDan Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Pretty sure I've waited all my iOS life for this game.

Do you guys plan on adding iOS controller support?

6. RellekWVU

RellekWVU Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Cancer Research Consultant
    Hagerstown, MD
    Anyone know if this has iOS 7 controller support? Loving my MOGA and want to put it to more use!

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wish this had a floating d-pad kinda.

8. Got through the first mission, this game just rocks!

If you've ever wanted an action rpg game, this is it.

Fantastic graphics, story, fighting, rpg, spells, and so much more.

A truely awesome game so far.

Very highly recommended!

9. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    My first impressions are very good. Looks nice and plays nice. Reminds me of morrow wind a little in 3rd person.

My only criticism and a little confusion.....

I have an ipad air 128gb yet the highest lighting setting is above the recommended and causes some stuttering. Surely this should not be the case as there currently isn't an ipad more powerful.

Also, screen rotation on touch is a little sensitive with no option to turn down the sensitivity at all.

10. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Should I purchase this game? I'm a fan of many RPGs (Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, etc.) but with the $8 price tag (soon to be $10), I'm on edge.

11. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

@chris1a – Yes, we have stealth mechanics in the game, and you can sneak past enemies or up behind them to do a backstab. You can also set different kinds of traps and use the “lure” strategy to have enemies step over them. So there is definitely more strategy than just brawling.

@geno11233 – For a mage/battlemage character, you’ll likely want the Mage Starter Pack. Sorry, no plans to add fishing - not a lot of water in a desert. ;) But if you like little details then you’ll love finding all the secrets we placed in the game (you’ll need a good perception level), as well as filling out the codex entries. As far as a minigame, there is a fun gambling game included in the Rogue Starter Pack, with some sweet rewards if you win.

@Connector – The Starter Packs are restorable IAP, so you get to use them in every new game you start and across different devices. iCloud saves are on the list for an update.

@gmattergames – BioWare alum actually (not Black Isle). :)

@PandionDan and RellekWVU – We’ll look at iOS controller support sometime after release.

@Magnum0ik – The High lighting setting turns on the Bloom post-processing effect. Unfortunately, at the 2048 screen resolution, post-processing effects are very expensive. We had hoped that the new A7 could handle it, but it wasn’t the case when we tested it on the iPad Air. So ironically, the High lighting setting runs best on the iPad2 and iPad mini, which run at a 1024 screen resolution.

@Louis Ace – Based on the games you said you like, I think you’d have a lot of fun with TSS.

12. Yeah, on my ipad 4 too the bloom lightning is not feasible. Guess maybe it should just be taken out, but wonder if the future ipad pro can handle it, it must be really pretty I figure. At least, it is just an option.

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Yes.

14. PandionDan

PandionDan Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Thanks a lot!

15. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Holy fart, we're like neighbors!!

I do really want this, but I'm really unsure regarding the controls and difficulty.

How twitch based are the controls? Is the difficulty adjustable?

16. Absolutely. This game is in the class of great games that are must haves.

There really aren't too many great action rpgs on ios, on pc there are, and if you like that genre, this is just awesome.

If you look through this thread, all of the remarks from early adopters have been through the roof.

Hope you get to see why.

17. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Are the screenshots representative on the game? They look a bit dated but some users are saying the opposite so looking for something to gauge on.

18. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    That's fair enough. Was a little baffled that's all. Doesn't take anything away from the game and so far looks good.

I have so many great games to tackle at the moment!! What a good state to be in!!

19. Mfox76

Mfox76 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Two things,

Bought the warrior pack but did not get a weapon only armor and shield?

Any plans for iCloud saves?

20. Neighbors? Howdy andsoitgoes. So how's it going?

There are different difficulty settings. Of course I have not tried them yet, but they are there.

Basic controls are like a typical FPS, fixed vstick on left, pan on right side, with action buttons to attack.

And tons of other buttons for spells and all sort of other goodies.

Not really customizable, but great placement, have no qualms about the placement.

Twitch? This game controls well, like a good decent FPS game.

Overall, controls work well.