Universal The Shadow Sun - (by Ossian Studios Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by biokid, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man that sounds awesome!

2. Hey, welcome!

This game looks awesome! What an awesome way to round out this year with a juggernaut like this!

3. Canthar

Canthar Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Sounds awesome. Waiting on US store!

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#44 Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  5. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    This game looks so sick. It's definitely nostalgic of the old pc RPGs. To have this type of rpg on ios brings tears to my eyes.

6. mjgarwood

mjgarwood New Member

May 9, 2012
    That's a terrific approach to IAP's. Here's a way to add on or customize your gaming experience but the game is completely playable without em. Winning!

7. That's the great part about this game, it feels like a classic rpg type game with outstanding ipad retina graphics.

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Guys is there Game Center achievements? As good as this game is if it has that wow.....

9. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Cant wait to download it tomorrow after work. Big RPG buff so been waiting for this. :)

10. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Which DLC pack should one get if you were planning to go with an archer character? Rogue?

11. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

@Amenbrother – Yes, plenty of Game Center achievements! Go get ’em. :)

@Tutt22 – That depends on what kind of archer character you want. If you want the sneaky kind, then the Rogue Pack is for you, and you get an awesome crossbow (not quite an archer but very similar). But if you’re more into the fighter/ranger Aragorn kind of archer, then you’ll want the Warrior Pack – that one has a wicked longbow (oooo... vampiric).

12. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    This.

I've been waiting for this since I first joined this site rockin a 3G and Vay was the most elaborate game on the App Store ! It was first scheduled for release in 2010 !!!

We have come a long way since then but this looks awesome. From Sanuka's video the writing looks great as well. Congrats to Ossian on the release. Thanks for devoting a good portion of your working lives to this one amazing title. I wonder how many man hours it has taken to produce ? I'm looking forward to this more than KOTOR going universal (don't own an iPad :/)

13. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    #53 stutz, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    The game play video has me sold. I was a little lukewarm on the trailer before but this game play video reminds me so much of NWN 2 which is a very, very good thing. Looks to be a fairly deep story. I loved Darkness Over Daggerford for NWN 1. I will probably pick this up for iPhone if people say that it plays well on a small device.

@Alan Miranda - any chance this coming to Android? I'd love to be able to play on my tablet. I saw info that suggested it initially was but haven't seen any recent info.

14. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    When does the additional content come in to play? If I want to fool around with a few builds before deciding and then pick up the content will I have missed anything besides perhaps not having the weapons earlier?

15. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Thanks Alan! Can't wait till I can pick it up!

16. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    It's exactly what consoles have been doing for years and the absolute only time I'll pay extra inside a game. It respects the gamer and offers value for their money instead of trying to con them. Borderlands 2 season pass has to be the best $29.99 I've ever spent on a game. The amount of extra content is insane!

17. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I see you said no dual wielding, does that include rogues? Is there an assassin/sneaky/daggery rogue character? And if so, how does the dlc contribute, is there a choice between the crossbow and melee weapons?

18. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    This is going to be my game of the week. Really excited about this one!

19. This game deserves some serious GOTY consideration, it is really awesome.

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Music to my ears!!!