Universal the Sequence - minimalist programming puzzler

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by OneManBand, Sep 25, 2015.

1. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    So I picked this up and love what I played. Difficulty is indeed easier than Spacechem so far, but it's still a hard game. Let's see how far I get. I really love the level design and the care that went into making this.

I do wish there was a way to skip levels. I prefer that over more hints. Sometimes a new level is easier and then after more experience the level that seemed impossible at first is doable later on. I used a few hints around level 14/15 and worried the game would soon become way too hard and then the next 7 or so levels felt much more doable to me.

2. OneManBand

OneManBand Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2014
    At least, after completing 48 levels
    you will be able to choose which one of rest 24 levels you want to play
    ;)
    Thanks for comment!

3. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    I'm sure some of you still waiting for the codes,
    so here they are:

99XNT3PJ3R3R
    7FPRXJHLYYPF
    9AKK7HN4NTRJ
    9N7NLYWEWJ77
    TMPWAF7XRKEP

4. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    I've taken 99XNT3PJ3R3R, thanks. Can't wait to check it out.

5. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Level 18-20 I can't get past. Stuck on these three levels. Any tips or advice?

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[thread=271660][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271663][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271533][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271730][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271661][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271694][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271736][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271838][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271655][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271804][​IMG][/thread]

the Sequence

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Sept 25th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

7. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    If this was updated with a sort of sandbox mode that allows you to just mess around in, I would grab it in a heartbeat.

8. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    This is one of your levels: http://imgur.com/9TpTG0h
    Other levels are similar.

9. funambulist

funambulist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    NL
    #89 funambulist, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    @OneManBand... a page or two back I mentioned that I would love to see a 'STEP FUNCTION' (button) in the sequence mode. Any chance this might make it into the next update?

Explanation: In order to analyse what is happening and tweak my potential solution to a level I find myself advancing the action step by step by alternating between the play and the pause button-- in a similar fashion to how one debugs a problematic bit of code. A 'step' button which advanced the sequence by one step would allow much easier analysis and adjustment--for example--of the module sequence.

Any chance of this happening? Does anyone else here feel this would be a welcome addition?

This is my only 'complaint/wish'. For the rest this is a great, great programming puzzle!

Thanks!

Edited to add: I'm currently working on level 31 (but as yet have not used any hints)

10. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    In a first few game builds I tried to implement "step-by-step" button in game, but had to give up on this one, because coding process kept going more and more complicated. So I ended up with regular pause button.
    I took into account your suggestion, but I'm not sure when I will be able to make such a button in game.
    At this stage, when making changes like these, I'm risking to bring up some crucial bugs right from nowhere, so I need to be really careful.
    Thanks for comment!

11. funambulist

funambulist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    NL
    Understood. Thanks for your reply. :)

12. 0ld Gamer

0ld Gamer Active Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Just finished the game, I enjoyed solving puzzles very much, it's kind of sad when there's nothing left to do in the game. I hope there's a possibility that dev is going to make a sequel. Will be buying it without doubt

13. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    #93 Water, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    need more!

I need more levels.
    That's what I want to say:)
    5stars!

14. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    This game would be perfect for a level editor (as an IAP maybe?) and community created levels. I’m not sure why the dev feels that it would be boring to have more levels using the current modules. The game has so much more potential, and I think the comments here, and the reviews in the app store demonstrate that players want more levels!

If a level editor is too complicated to achieve, an IAP extra level pack would be the next best thing.

15. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    Since I built the game in Unity, I'm waiting for them to add support of dedicated servers (or just servers where you can store user-generated data) in a new version of engine, which is gonna allow to add a level editor and potential to share usermade levels.

16. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Sounds good. Is that something that has been announced for a future version of the Unity engine?

17. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
  18. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    @OneManBand - Excellent, I think a level editor would be a great addition to an already brilliant game.

19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Lever editor!!!! Woohoooo I hope it comes

20. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    Upcoming update:
    - Added levels numeration (optional)
    - Button to reset modules

Attached Files: