Universal the Sequence - minimalist programming puzzler

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by OneManBand, Sep 25, 2015.

1. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I'm only 2/3rds through, but so far I agree it's simpler than SpaceChem and once you get your head around what the pieces do / how the puzzles are constructed, about the same level as Trainyard.

I hope this walks the fine line between nudging you on the right path, but without giving the game away completely!
    The problem you have is the on/off switch only delay the pusher 2 turns, not the 4 you need to wait for the spinner to come back around. So you need to find a way to add those extra 2 turns delay into the sequence...

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the advice -
    however, I can't get my head around how to delay the pusher for two more turns. Could you give me a bigger clue please? I've been stuck on this level all day and I've reached the point where I just want to move on now.

3. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Seriously I think I'm too stupid...after 15 levels I can't move on I'm stumped and I have no more hints....I wish I could get more hints somehow,Pls. I dumb.

4. globbits

Jul 24, 2009
    Big Hint 1 -
    Use the teleporter on the pusher as well as the on/off switch - 1) On, next to start. 2) On, at second location. 3) Off, next to start. 4) Off, at second location.

Bigger Hint 2 -
    Use a puller to get the ball off the start space instead of a pusher, and by teleporting it next to the exit, you can reuse it to get the ball on to the exit during phase 2 at the same time.

5. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Thank you - finally completed the level!
    I was originally using a puller to start the level but it kept obstructing other modules. I didn't consider the fact that it would temporarily be moved out of the way by using the teleporter.

6. erdgeist

erdgeist Member

Sep 30, 2012
    So I couldn't stop playing this gem today. Sometimes got heavily stuck, just to pick my iPad up a couple minutes later and somehow found a solution. The hint system is great I think, never giving away too much help. In some levels (especially in Core) I found solutions that didn't match the hints though. Don't know if there's just multiple solutions to some of the puzzles or if the wrong hints were put there intentionally. The very disappointing ending was the only downside in an otherwise awesome game. Well done dev! If you have any plans to continue work on the game, a level editor (maybe even with communiy sharing / voting) would make it perfect.

7. OneManBand

OneManBand Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2014
    More promo codes:

AYXPA7Y3WTXE
    7NHJNJL9AT3X
    KNNLRMFKTJ4Y
    WPJAFJJ7WWMP
    4JPRKWTFYMXN

I would appreciate any comments.

8. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    I used AYXPA7Y3WTXE but have to try all the other codes and all of them were redeemed. C'mon, people, you're getting a cool game for free at least you could post a comment thanking the dev and saying which code you redeem.

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I love that the solutions are saved, watching a big sequence play out can be unusually pleasing.

10. globbits

Jul 24, 2009
    I'm guessing some levels have multiple solutions, and you just found one that the author didn't consider. For example I managed to solve one level using only 3 pieces out of the 7 provided, which probably wasn't intended either.

11. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    True. Certain puzzles (levels) have multiple ways to solve them. Its not a bug :D

12. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    #72 OneManBand, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Not sure about continuing to work on this game, but I'm taking into account your suggestions when I going to make a new one.
    Thanks for comment!

13. funambulist

funambulist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    NL
    @OneManBand Lovely game thanks!

The only thing I miss is a 'step button'. As the difficulty ramps up (I've just started level 29--but haven't yet needed to use a hint) I find myself pushing the play and then immediately the pause button in order to 'step' through my solution attempt, see what the modules will do and then make the necessary corrections. A 'step' button would be much less cumbersome.

Thanks again!

14. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    This is one of the best iOS games I've played. Great job!

One request.. can #'s be added to the levels for easier reference?
    Every time I want to discuss a level with someone I have to count how many I completed, but even then all I can say is how many I completed, no way to reference a specific level without counting out a grid coordinate reference.

Thanks!

15. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    I'll try to make some visual changes in levels menu.

16. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    As others have suggested, it would make more sense to have a module reset button on the main game screen next to the hint button. It feels odd and unnecessary going into the menu to reset the modules.

17. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    My god level 21 what a brain f&@ck. i solved it without a hint and i feel like a genius lol.

18. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    I added a module reset to game's GUI (right next to the hint button). It's gonna be up in next update

19. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    I created this game with one thing in mind, so every single person could feel like he's genius! ;)

20. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    And you achieved that sir!!! Thank you! :)