Universal the Sequence - minimalist programming puzzler

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by OneManBand, Sep 25, 2015.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I sent my brother the codes and he redeemed YWFWXXLXWRT7. I already own and love the game. Thanks!

2. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks for PPH9FE6HJ9KR! Going to try out and see if I have a strong enough brain to handle this awesome looking game.

I'll post feedback shortly!

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    That's exactly where I am in the game, and I did the same thing. I'm just about to tackle the other two in the group now.

4. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I want to say thank you to the developer who has created an amazing game! You were very thoughtful with many little touches to make this game feel complete. I've only done the first three puzzles so far but the look and sound to the game so far are spot on for this kind of genere. Congrats with your launch and well done. You deserve to celebrate!!!!

5. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    @OneManBand- I think you should leave the tutorial intact in level 32 (6 across and 2 down) explaining the final module type. I didn’t grasp what was going on there, and when I go back to the level, the tutorial is gone.

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Candykiller - just hit the question mark at the bottom of the screen in Build mode to see an object's tutorial.

7. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, I know, but I still couldn't get my head around what the final module does from the description.

It's okay, I've managed to figure it out now though.

8. 9x16

9x16 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    EST/EDT
    #48 9x16, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Node
    40 for me (1st column, 2nd row), part of the 39 and 40 duo,
    is brilliant and eeevil. I'm imagining the dev cackling maniacally while creating it.

[edited node specifics]

9. treasurestudio

treasurestudio Well-Known Member

#49 treasurestudio, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
    Man, what a head **** the later stages are! Loving it tho! Super polished, minimal and great to play. There's been a couple of standout titles this week and this is one of them. Great stuff.

10. reweblind

reweblind Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Philippines
    Got the game just based from reading your posts! Wow, just wow # this game! I love how snappy those modules move #

11. OneManBand

OneManBand Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Thanks for good posts guys, glad you liked the game!

12. d0mino

d0mino Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Really digging this game. Very clever puzzles that are actually legitimately challenging unlike others in the genre.

Some niggles with the UI but nothing that would make me not give this a 5/5.

#

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Loving the game so far (24 levels in) but it seems to absolutely demolish my battery life. Anyone else noticed this?

14. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I admit I'm a big fan of state machine puzzlers, but I'm absolutely loving this so far, easily up there with Trainyard and Spacechem. The ability to move the control pieces as well as the ball is a very nice twist.

I totally agree, great to see you say this! I've seen too many puzzle games ruined because of pointless padding levels, or worse, machine-generated levels. Let's hope you're able to think of some new mechanics so you can make more level packs. Although I need to finish solving the 72 levels we have so far first... ;)

15. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    How hard is this compared to Spacechem? I love Trainyard, and loved what I played of Spacechem, but got stuck way too early.

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'd say it's simpler than SpaceChem. I wouldn't say it's easy still, but the levels are smaller and more focused. There's a hint system in place as well if you get really stuck, although I've been avoiding that so can't say how much it helps.

If you're a fan of Trainyard you should definitely pick this up.

17. OneManBand

OneManBand Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2014
  18. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Game is super fun but it is really hard....like my brain hurts after 7 levels.

19. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Man, I’ve been stuck on level 39/40 (1 across, 3 down) for ages. I can get it to run through the sequence once, but it always jams up on the second time round. Could someone who has completed this level have a look at this screenshot and let me know if I’m headed in the right direction, or should I try a completely different solution? Thanks in advance.

www.candykiller.com/temp/sequence01.jpg

20. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks mr_bez! I'll buy it when I have new credit. It's not like I regretted buying SpaceChem even though I suck at it.

Ow that does not help!