The Secret of Grisly Manor - Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pablo6630, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I'm so dumb :eek:

Thanks. Great game btw. Can't wait till ep2 is released!

2. Graememch

Graememch New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I have a empty bowl,matches and paper with numbers. Please help me solve the globe puzzle.

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    You need to go back to the study to find the answer. What you are looking for is hidden from sight at the moment so you need to figure out a way to make something that is now open, closed.

4. MagyarLany

MagyarLany New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Please provide additional help on the globe puzzle. I am totally stuck!

5. Ebaldwin

Ebaldwin New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Hello

Hello... Please help me, getting very frustrated!! Great game though!!

Have done the globe and falcons and found the scales and everything else, fire burning, wooden block sorted... Now I need to sort the clock out and the tree stump and the goldfish.... I think I need to do the tree stump first to help me with the clock to then help with the fish/bath but I'm stuck on how to do anything to the tree stump?!? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks x

6. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    What do you have in your inventory? Is there anything that can be used on the stump? That is your next step.

7. Ebaldwin

Ebaldwin New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Hey I have matches, key, doorknob, fishbowl and piece of paper.... None of them interact with the tree stump?!?

8. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    #108 New England Gamer, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
    Ok you have to use the doorknob. Is there someplace where one is missing? Not on a door, but something else that requires a knob. That will lead you to something else.

You have two things to unlock - neither of which is a door per se, but something smaller that holds something valuable. One of these will be what you need for the stump.

9. Ebaldwin

Ebaldwin New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    #109 Ebaldwin, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
    Hello me again.... Sorry!! Didn't find where that doorknob went until 2nd look around!! So sorted that now.... Have all 6 numbers.... But still no improvement with tree stump, think I'm being a bit useless usually much better at games like this?!!!

It's ok..... Sorted now thanks!! Though I had opened that part right at the beginning?!? Must have tried and failed! It worked this time with the right key!! Silly stuff!!!

10. MMAcoach

MMAcoach Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Coach
    Surrey
    New guy

I only now have a empty fishbowl, the fire is out, I haven't figured out the globe or the scale. I even closed the trapped door in the study. I don't have any idea what to do next & the globe makes me wanna throw my phone lol any suttle hints?

11. MMAcoach

MMAcoach Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Coach
    Surrey
    New guy

Ok sorry, I have a empty fish bowl, matches, and 6 digit comb. I can start and put out the fire endlessly.

12. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    So if you got the "key" from the hidden object in the study you can decipher the globe puzzle. Look at what you need to do to solve the globe. Somewhere else in the house you have seen something similar - perhaps in the kitchen? Interpret it as a code.

13. MMAcoach

MMAcoach Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Coach
    Surrey
    Oh I also have the 6 digit comb. And matches, I've closed the trap door in the study just to see a picture tapped to the door? What do I do? And how do I solve the globe?

14. MMAcoach

MMAcoach Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Coach
    Surrey
    Ok the fridge magnets right? But I can't find no key in the study or I forgot I already did... All that is left is the scales in the study.

15. MMAcoach

MMAcoach Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Coach
    Surrey
    Ok I have the cube... And now I'm stuck again lol

16. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    You have to open the cube. Remember it's WOOD.

17. MMAcoach

MMAcoach Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Coach
    Surrey
    Just beat the game... Grandpa and time travel? Anyways great game I can't wait till number 2

18. bobaggie

bobaggie New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Scales

I don't have the wooden box mentioned earlier as the key to the scales

19. bobaggie

bobaggie New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Okay. Closed door to study. Duh.

20. bobaggie

bobaggie New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Found Grandpa! Cool game. Took about four hours to get it done, plus a hint about the birds