The Secret of Grisly Manor - Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pablo6630, Oct 11, 2010.

1. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Unfortunately it isn't one that can be guided through. Try to get one wheel lit and then scramble with the other two. Also pay attention to which way the wheels move and how many move along with it when you turn it. Do some back and forth with it. Good luck! I hope that helps somewhat!

2. Hey everybody!

One hint for the wheels:

When you move a wheel, only move it until it aligns and glows. Don't just move them all willy-nilly!

So, move one until it glows, then move a different one until that one glows, etc... Eventually they will all align.

You do not need to move any of the wheels in complicated quarter-turns or anything like that.

Good luck!
    Joe

Fire Maple Games

3. jverstrepen

jverstrepen Member

Oct 13, 2010
    YEAH! I finally got it! Thanks for the encouragement. Bummed that it's all over. Hope a sequeal will be out soon.

4. pixle

pixle New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I have the matches the fuze the heart jewel the fish bowl with the fish and water in it and the three digit ticket and I'm stuck I could swear I tried everything I don't know what to do with the stump I tried everything on it can some one please help

5. JaysJob

JaysJob New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    #85 JaysJob, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
    Hi! I too joined the this forum to tell you (Joe) how much I liked the game! It was fun to play and the hints without spoilers we're really good too! Well done all around. I wondered how long it took you to put this whole game together and will we have to find grandpa lost somewhere in time anytime soon? The Grisly sequel?
    Thanks again!
    Kind regards, Jay

6. pixle

pixle New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Ok so right after I posted I started finding stuff I need help still I can't find the plug for the bath tub can anyone give me a hint

7. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    It will be found using the clock, the attic and the tree trunk outside!

8. Bfooz1

Bfooz1 New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    help!

im stuck, i have a goldfish in water, heart jewel, half of a piece of paper, a fuse and matches!
    done the falcons but am stuck on the globe/cuckoo clock and bathtub?
    any tips or hints!!!

9. star rey rey

star rey rey New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    heeeellllppppppp

please help i am here too with the same items and have been going round in circles for hours and cant move forward. the fire is lit but i just cant do anything with the tree stump, clock ,attic, or anything else. none of the previous messages are helping me to go forward. great game though.

10. jlax87

jlax87 New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    You need to figure out the clock to know where to put the goldfish. To get the fuse, use the picture of the car in the master bedroom to help you solve the falcon puzzle. You get the fuse once you figure that out. Clue: Count how many rotations the falcons do and match this to the wheels in the picture.

11. drchris

drchris New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Trunk Outside and Cuckoo Clock

I have a fuse, a fish bowl with a fish in it, a heart jewel, matches and a bit of paper. I need to do something to the trunk outside and the cuckoo clock. What do I do?

12. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Wow explosion overnight (my overnight!) All three of you need to use the heart in some way. Is there another one on the wall somewhere? Is one missing? A slot maybe?

13. Graememch

Graememch New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Can anyone help me solve the globe puzzle?

14. Bfooz1

Bfooz1 New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    So stuck!

I really do not have a clue, im usually good with these types of games! But apparently not! Argh!

15. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    What do you have in your inventory?

16. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok you have to use the heart. Find someplace locked, find someplace with another one, find someplace it fits. You will kick yourself for not noticing straight away.

17. star rey rey

star rey rey New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    #97 star rey rey, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    New England Gamer,thank you so much for your help this game is awesome.

18. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    It's my pleasure. I am glad to help.

This one's for you IPL!!

19. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I'm stuck on the globe part.

I have matches, an empty bowl with water and a 6 code combination.

I went to the study and found the "key" but I don't know any color that matches the words. So then, what is the "key" used for??:confused:

20. If you truly did find the "key", then perhaps something in the kitchen might help you?

Good luck!

Joe